Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAgirl

Did you all see this inhaled D drug?

Bountyman

-"Afrezza, an insulin powder, comes in a single-use cartridge and is designed to be inhaled at the start of a meal or within 20 minutes of starting."-

But...you can order it in MannKind Corp's high-end retro package... (container not covered by Medicare)

13457+13461-131px.jpg

Lady Imp

If how I can't seem to use my albuterol inhaler correctly is any indication, might not be a good fit for me lol

GAgirl

LMAO!

OMG, I didn't envision it that way, but you guys are too funny! :rock:  :rofl: 

..."Oh, that's just my Diabetes Dinner Snort", she said to all the dinner guests as eyes became wide and mouths hung to the floor.

JediSkipdogg

On a more serious note of Afreeza, I don't see it as a good solution for many.  It has two huge disadvantages.

1) Dosing is done in 4 or 8 unit increments.  You need 6 units of insulin?  Well, either cut your meal back by 2 units or increase your meal by 2 units.  Want proof that insulin causes weight gain, there's proof as people feed extra units that they didn't necessarily need to have. 

2) It's fully out of the system within 1 hour.  I'm not sure how many people here eat food that's out of the system within an hour.  Current insulins with their 3-4 hour time frames seem to work pretty good with current foods and how long it takes the body to process those items.  If the insulin is out within an hour, there's either going to be alot of lows or one has to chase meals.  If one is high, this seems like a great tool to get down quickly, but I imagine that would be a pretty painful drop in terms of how one would feel dropping that fast.

Seems like a nice idea, but I'll believe it works when I see real world uses.

samuraiguy

Seems like a nice idea, but I'll believe it works when I see real world uses.

Like all the other new D meds and tech coming out recently I'm happy to wait until they have a proven track record before getting too excited about them.

Caravaggio

This could become the new topic at the dinner table after the D's start snorting

... after the D's start snorting following their regular dose of met. 

One dinner, I asked my husband to get my "met" (metformin) from my bag (as the bag was closest to him). Someone thought I said "meth".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.