Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dznypal

questions on GD

Dznypal

I am writng this for my daughter she was just DXed with GD a few weeks ago she is starting to freak out as I did when my #s

were alittle higher then normal

the dr had her test and all the #s were normal except for the after dinner--she is a police officer but on desk duty since she knew she was pregnant which was Jan--however she works 4-12 pm so eating dinner is tricky shes been watching what she eats since being pregnagnt

so she took a glucose test--I don't remember what her #S were but now the dr has her on 3 units of insulin just at supper.

I never had this with either of my kids so this is all new to me so since I got so much good info here I told her I get advice

we are both rather surprised that shes inulin also does this go away after the baby is born

any thoughts or advice tips would be greatly appreciated

thanks I want to help her through this

Ceres

I had gestational diabetes a few years ago, but I was not put on medication; I was able to control it with diet modifications. Mine did go away after the baby was born, but now it's creeping back up on me. There are a lot of stories out there about how dangerous GD is, but keep in mind that most of those are for uncontrolled diabetes. If it's well-controlled your daughter and her baby should be fine.

adiantum

I had GD many years ago in the 60's & didn't know anything about it those days. Baby was fine.

Your daughter would be wise to adopt a LCHF diet now for baby &   the odds of her developing type2  later are very high.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.