Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

miketurco

Shopping lists

miketurco

This is most of what I buy, off the top of my head. What's on your list?

- mayo, mustard, whip cream, etc.

- peanut oil, coconut oil, butter

- canned tuna, salmon and chicken. 

- eggs from organically fed free roaming democrat chickens, as available

- melons or berries but not too often

- nuts: brazil, hazelnuts, macadamia, or walnuts

- hard cheese: sour cream, menunster, cheddr, jack, cojack or mozzarella

- meats: chicken, bacon, pork, ham, turkey, sausage. Usu. not red meat

- coffee and diet mountain dew

- those little 2oz packages of chopped/processed meat

TX_Clint

I see some similarities to mine but no jalapeños or habeneros, too boring for my tastes. Also, where's the beef? I gotta have a bit of beef.

samuraiguy

Kale, broccoli, baby spinach, green beans, wax beans, cauliflower, sweet mini peppers, baby carrots, red cabbage, Brussel sprouts, egg plant, cole slaw mix, bag salad, cucumbers, roma or cherry tomatoes, zucchini, rutabaga, green bell peppers, radishes, spaghetti squash, canned pumpkin, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, cranberries, bananas--I got this thing for them and 1/3 small is only 8g net carbs, nectarines, plums, melons, pineapple, apples, peaches, roasted sunflower seeds, roasted almonds, roasted peanuts, walnut pieces, chicken breast, tuna, ground turkey--make burgers and various HM sausage, eggs and egg substitute, turkey bacon, turkey pepperoni--I like to make pizza wraps with HM sauce, 90% fat ground beef, golden flax meal, coconut flour, almond meal, Greek yogurt, LF shredded cheese, LF cheese sticks, pinto beans--HM refried beans, garbanzo beans--HM hummus, black beans--HM bean burgers, lentils--soups and hummus and dips, LC tortillas, wraps and bread all 6g net carbs or less per serving, Creamettes 100 Calorie pastas--in moderation when I just gots to have the real thing, unsweetened almond milk,  liquid and granulated sucralose--tried Swerve recently and all I can say is, "yuck", crystal light, SF Jello, Redi-Whip plain and chocolate, unsweetened cocoa--the 2g carb, 2g fiber kind, Fiber One Original cereal--11g net carbs per serving, olive oil, canola oil, LF transfat free buttery spread, Breyers Carbsmart ice cream--I got this ice cream thing, Walden's Farm 0 carb sauces and toppings, low sugar ketchup, various mustard, I make my own LC/LF dressings and sauces. As the "move it along" music plays, I apologize if I missed anything  ;) .

Kit

A lot of things similar to my own list.

Meats - Beef (mostly steaks), pork (shoulder roasts), chicken (I get the whole roasted ones from the store), fish (a lot of salmon, this is Seattle), sausages (pork, hot Italian, Aidell's Chicken and Apple), bacon, eggs etc.

Veggies

Fresh: spinach, broccoli, broccolini, asparagus, cucumbers, mushrooms, various peppers, onions, green beans, radishes, green onions, and whatever takes my fancy at the moment.  Some cabbage and lettuces.  I'm more likely to buy the pre bagged salad mixes since my husband won't touch them and 1 person can also eat so much before they go bad.  Honestly I dislike salads in general but once summer hits, I'm more likely to have them since I try to avoid hot things.  Favorite at the moment is Dole Summer chopped salad mix.

Frozen: Green beans, chopped broccoli.

Fruits - Avocado, cherry tomatoes, occasional blueberries or blackberries

Dairy - cheese of just about any kind.  I adore cheese.  HWC, butter, sour cream

Condiments - Mayo, various mustards (I adore mustard), vinegar, olive oil (for dressings)

Reminds me of the salad dressing I made for dinner last night.  Sour cream, avocado, dijon mustard, a little apple cider vinegar, dab of lemon juice, and olive oil til I got the consistency I wanted.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Had to add a lot of olive oil.  The stuff got thicker as I mixed.  :)

miketurco

I've never thought much about mustard. Tell me more. .. I'm intrigued.

A lot of things similar to my own list.

Meats - Beef (mostly steaks), pork (shoulder roasts), chicken (I get the whole roasted ones from the store), fish (a lot of salmon, this is Seattle), sausages (pork, hot Italian, Aidell's Chicken and Apple), bacon, eggs etc.

Veggies

Fresh: spinach, broccoli, broccolini, asparagus, cucumbers, mushrooms, various peppers, onions, green beans, radishes, green onions, and whatever takes my fancy at the moment. Some cabbage and lettuces. I'm more likely to buy the pre bagged salad mixes since my husband won't touch them and 1 person can also eat so much before they go bad. Honestly I dislike salads in general but once summer hits, I'm more likely to have them since I try to avoid hot things. Favorite at the moment is Dole Summer chopped salad mix.

Frozen: Green beans, chopped broccoli.

Fruits - Avocado, cherry tomatoes, occasional blueberries or blackberries

Dairy - cheese of just about any kind. I adore cheese. HWC, butter, sour cream

Condiments - Mayo, various mustards (I adore mustard), vinegar, olive oil (for dressings)

Reminds me of the salad dressing I made for dinner last night. Sour cream, avocado, dijon mustard, a little apple cider vinegar, dab of lemon juice, and olive oil til I got the consistency I wanted. Salt and pepper to taste. Had to add a lot of olive oil. The stuff got thicker as I mixed. :)

Kit

I just like mustard.  I like its heat and spiciness.  :)

Its also a great emulsifier for dressings.  Its helps keep the oils/fats from separating from the rest of the ingredients.  A little is all you need.

jwags

Ground Bison

Organic ground beef

Nitrate free bacon

Organic eggs

Veggies from farmers market

kelp noodles

Cheese

Coconut oil

Olive oil

Pork tenderloin, beef tenderloins and chicken breasts

Salad greens

Caravaggio

Pommery Meaux Mustard (in a stone jar) - It's pricey but this is the only mustard worth putting on and in anything I eat. ;)

princesslinda

I shop for myself and my husband (not a diabetic), so I buy more than just low-carb goodies.

Meats:  Chicken breast (not a fan of dark meat), ground chuck 80/20 blend for burgers or meat loaf, thin sliced pork tenderloin.

Meats for bag lunches:  1 lb sliced turkey breast, 1 lb roast beef

Cheese:  Usually a couple Kraft blocks of sharp cheddar which I grate or slice as needed.

Breakfast:  Carton of 18 eggs, lb of bacon or sausage (which I bake or fry all at once, then we eat throughout the week), Frozen biscuits (for hubs, he can fix them 2 at a time in toaster oven), cereal (again for hubs, as I can't tolerate cereal blood-sugar wise) and Eggo waffles and syrup (for hubs). 

Bread: Hubs likes wheatberry or potato, I buy Trader Joe's sprouted bread (4 carbs/slice after subtracting fiber)

Veggies:  I keep a good supply of frozen veggies in the freezer, including frozen onions and peppers. I also buy tomatoes and lettuce for sandwiches and baby spinach, cucumbers and spring mix for salads. Occ. i'll buy a couple sweet potatoes and couple ears of corn when in season.

Fruit:  Hubs likes bananas, so we buy them weekly.  I'm not a big fruit eater, probably only eating a serving or two a month.

Ice cream:  I always keep some type ice cream on hand, we prefer the Carb Smart bars for portion control.

Misc:  I keep almonds in various varieties for snacking and salads.  I also buy s/f jello and s/f jello pudding.  I buy Hood Calorie Countdown low-carb chocolate milk for myself, 2% for milk for hubs.  Pork rinds for snacking, low-carb tortillas to bake or fry to have with salsa, pretzels or tortilla chips (for hubs).

Condiments:  Mustard (all kinds), Mayo, Sour cream, cream cheese, ketchup, worchestershire sauce, soy sauce, hot sauce, pickles, pickled okra, pickled peppers/jalapenos.

Drinks:  I basically drink water and green tea, but buy canned drinks (Sprite Zero and Diet Dr. Pepper for hubs), coffee, tea.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.