Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jakie

Anxiety

Jakie

Hello everyone , 

This forum has been a great source for me. Currently , I am 24 weeks pregnant and have been taking Levimir 40 units everyday after dinner since week 21 of my pregnancy. My fasting sugars were a problem and so I was put on levimir. My fasting and post meal sugars have been normal now. HOwever , since the past few 5 days or so I have been noticing that my sugars have been around 86 mg/dl to 92 mg/dl. Earlier they used to be more between 95 and 100. I have changed nothing in my diet or exercise.

This has been causing me anxiety because I have read on many online forums ( no medically reliable sources ) that dropping sugar levels can be an indication of deteriorating placenta or placental insufficiency. What do you all think ? Just 24 wells pregnant and this thought really scares me and makes me almost feel and for my sugar ( normal ) levels. Ins't it true that the need for insulin should start increasing towards the 3rd trimester ?

Sorry for such a long essay ! I have an appointment with my endocrinologist this Thursday and really having a hard time waiting !! :(

Ela

Hey Jakie and welcome to the forum!

Your levels are fine!  They are just a big lower than before but I'd say - they are a bit BETTER and NOT worse!  Because there is a theory (which I personally believe) that the magic number is 83 and you are now closer to it!  And I just don't see your levels "dropping".  They are just a tiny bit lower but also BETTER and CLOSER TO NORMAL.

In any case diabetes is very unpredictable thing and some days are better for whatever reason and others are worse and you'd think nothing changed but you just don't know.  And since you're pregnant - of COURSE something is changing every day - your baby is growing!  And your hormonal state is changing all the time.  And I don't know the sources you got your information from and I'm not saying they're wrong, but till you hit real lows - I don't think you should worry.  And always remember that stress is not good for your or your baby health! 

Please darling take it easy and don't worry too much.  You're doing fine.

Good luck and hugs!

Jakie

Hey Jakie and welcome to the forum!

Your levels are fine!  They are just a big lower than before but I'd say - they are a bit BETTER and NOT worse!  Because there is a theory (which I personally believe) that the magic number is 83 and you are now closer to it!  And I just don't see your levels "dropping".  They are just a tiny bit lower but also BETTER and CLOSER TO NORMAL.

In any case diabetes is very unpredictable thing and some days are better for whatever reason and others are worse and you'd think nothing changed but you just don't know.  And since you're pregnant - of COURSE something is changing every day - your baby is growing!  And your hormonal state is changing all the time.  And I don't know the sources you got your information from and I'm not saying they're wrong, but till you hit real lows - I don't think you should worry.  And always remember that stress is not good for your or your baby health! 

Please darling take it easy and don't worry too much.  You're doing fine.

Good luck and hugs!

Thank you so much for your kind words.  It feels a lot better to know that things are better and not getting worse. Thank you once again for the prompt and kind reply. :) This might sound crazy , but I did a little experiment last night. I skipped my does last night. Today morning my fasting sugar was high again ( 106 mg/dl ) . Crazy as this might sound , but I feel happy about it. Back to Levimir tonight !  :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.