Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stl-T2

Heads up! Nutbutter recall - Salmonella

Stl-T2

Just saw this:

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm410533.htm

"nSPIRED Natural Foods, Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Certain Retail Lots Of Arrowhead Mills® Peanut Butters, Maranatha® Almond Butters And Peanut Butters And Specific Private Label Nut Butters Because Of Possible Health Risk"

Figured there might be a number of people on these forums using nut butters.

janice21475

Just saw this:

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm410533.htm

"nSPIRED Natural Foods, Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Certain Retail Lots Of Arrowhead Mills® Peanut Butters, Maranatha® Almond Butters And Peanut Butters And Specific Private Label Nut Butters Because Of Possible Health Risk"

Figured there might be a number of people on these forums using nut butters.

These will probably be for sale at the local 'discount, scratch & dent' grocer soon.  :)

Stl-T2

Hmm..  So would you eat the other half figuring you survived the first half so the jar must be ok or throw it out thinking better safe than sorry?

JanetP

Dunno.  I threw it out just in case.  I have been very sick the past 2 days.  Don't know if it is due to gluten, sugar alcohols, or the almond butter I put into fat bombs a few days ago.

janice21475

I consider all the food available now days as "food sacrificed to idols." I do not worship the idols, I worship Jesus Christ and I give thanks to my Father for the meal and don't worry about what is/isn't in it.  I can not worry about the long term issue - we are 70, how long term could I get? Any nourishment I get from the food comes from God, not from Big Agra. I buy stuff from the Dent & Bent isle at the Flea Market and have never gotten sick. Not braggin' just saying.

Have you noticed that potatoes no longer rot as they used to do? I have been trying to toss the peels in a hole in the ground to start some worms growing, to feed to my chickens. They just lay in the hole and dry out but don't  rot. Someone I spoke to told me they run all the potatoes through an x-ray to make sure there are not any rocks in them. That is a lot of expense for a rock or two. I bet X-ray equipment costs a fortune. There is something more to that story that I didn't hear. What else are they searching for? Or, what else is their plan? This is certainly the Brave New World Huxley wrote of so poignantly. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.