Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AnnoDomini

Pregnancy and low-carbing

AnnoDomini

Hello to everyone! :)

I'm planning pregnancy and I'm a low-carber. How do you think is it possible to be pregnant and to be a low-carber (ab. 30 grams of carbs per day)? If anyone has the experience of successful pregnancy please share your experience ;) (Sorry for my English, it is not my native language)

rubidoux

Sorry I didn't see this earlier! I had a wonderful pregnancy 11 years ago that as mostly about 30 grams of carb per day. Towards the end it got really hard bc I was just tired of being so damned good and I was desperate to eat. But I think a few transgressions at the end was not so bad. Baby turned out beautiful, of course.

My plan was to treat second pregnancy the same but there were a couple of snaffoos. I had morning sickness, which seemed to only be relieved by carbs and made me feel like I had to eat fairly constantly throughout the day. For me it lasted for about five months and the came back for the last few weeks. The other problem was that I had an insatiable appetite for apples and I was powerless to fight against it. I was eating at least nine of those giant costco sized apples every day for months. Baby was born in February, so apples got crappy by the end which caused me some terrible agony. I NEEDED crisp tart juicy apples. It was not very low carb and that made the whole blood sugar thing much more of an ordeal, of course. But he was also a beautiful little guy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.