Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

starlla

pregnancy and complications

starlla

Just wondering if anyone out there had been diagnosed with gastroparesis and had a successful pregnancy? I was diagnosed two years ago and from what I read about others situations with it the form I have is very mild. 

Deborah233

Sorry to hear that but that's what happens if you let your glucose levels run high for too many years. Gastroparesis is when the vagal nerve is damaged by the high glucose levels and your entire digestive tract isn't functioning as it should so you don't know if or when the food is going to move from one part to another. Food can actually rot in your stomach, come back out your mouth after weeks, slip from the stomach into the intestines at random times spiking your glucose levels when you least expect it etc. You can also wind up taking nutrients by IV. The only real menu plan is to blend everything, basically live on baby food as liquids are more likely to slip through at a regular rate. They have baby food makers which are miniature food processors these days.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.