Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pcramer1

"Bountyman cure"

pcramer1

Yesterday morning I had an underarm itch. I used ALCOHOL as per Bountyman and low and behold it stopped itching instantly, I mean right then and there no more itch. It has been @20 hours since I applied the alcohol and I have not had a single itch. Thanks Bountyman for the great idea. I recommend this to anyone with an itch problem. Time will tell if this will last, but for the cost of the alcohol I used(.02 cents) worth, this is a great FIX.....Must be a skin surface problem?? :D

naesatt

Yesterday morning I had an underarm itch. I used ALCOHOL as per Bountyman and low and behold it stopped itching instantly, I mean right then and there no more itch. It has been @20 hours since I applied the alcohol and I have not had a single itch. Thanks Bountyman for the great idea. I recommend this to anyone with an itch problem. Time will tell if this will last, but for the cost of the alcohol I used(.02 cents) worth, this is a great FIX.....Must be a skin surface problem?? :D

That is fantastic!!! :D I love this site, right?!!? ;)

Todd G.

I don't think Bountyman would have suggested such a wasteful use of alcohol. Are you sure he didn't say to drink it? That also makes the itching go away.

Also, not suggested for rectal or vaginal itching! WooHooooo.....

CandaceV

While on a search for a foot doctor after diagnosis, I came across someone I thought would be great...board certified, great medical school, etc.  So I made an appointment and went in.

The first thing she did was take a picture with her phone of my feet.  Probably lawsuit protection.  Strike #1.

Then she proceeded to cut my ingrown-prone nails way too short.  Strike #2.

I told her I soak my feet once a week to remove extra skin, I have hyperkeratosis.  If I don't do this, they look like I haven't washed them in a month, they turn gray.  I told her I spray them with rubbing alcohol to kill germs after soaking, due to a previous, serious strep (yes, strep, not staph) infection nearly causing me to lose my foot when I was a kid.  She told me that alcohol doesn't kill germs, it only cleans the dirt off.  Strike #3  Yes, she was an MD.  Unbelievable.

pcramer1

HI CandaceV--your doctor is right, alcohol does NOT kill germs. It slows their growth but wont KILL.

Bountyman

Also, not suggested for rectal or vaginal itching! WooHooooo.....

Actually, it works excellent for rectal itching. Soak one of these sponges in water, wring it out, pour a little iso-alcohol on it, wipe twice then grit your teeth while you wet the sponge with water once again and wipe the alcohol off. No joke...this works. Some diabetics are prone to itching there because it's a collective spot for sugar residue. Butt monsters love the sugar party. ;)

pcramer1

You know Bountyman you sure know alot about the finer points in life......OH THOSE BUTT MONSTERS!!!! :D

Bountyman

You know Bountyman, you sure know a lot about the finer points in life...

Somehow I was accursed with the ability to retain things I'd learned during those all-too-brief sessions of sobriety. ;) 

pcramer1

Been there done it-----sober for 15 years....had to quit the cigs--beers and buds!!! OH HAPPY DAYS!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.