Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ceres

Apple cinnamon muffins

Ceres

Now that the weather is turning colder I'm getting the urge to bake yummy things. I tried this recipe and loved it, and my six-year-old and her friend both gave it a thumbs-up. I entered the recipe in the Sparkpeople recipe calculator, and it says 8.1 g carbs, 2.6 g fiber, and 7.6 g fat per muffin (recipe makes 12). Next time I'm going to try subbing pumpkin for half of the applesauce.

http://wellnessmama.com/2185/apple-cinnamon-muffins/

funkynassau

Thank you, I have printed it out and will give it a try!  Sometimes I just want a bit of sweetness that makes me feel normal.

Funkynassau

GrammaBear

Now that the weather is turning colder I'm getting the urge to bake yummy things. I tried this recipe and loved it, and my six-year-old and her friend both gave it a thumbs-up. I entered the recipe in the Sparkpeople recipe calculator, and it says 8.1 g carbs, 2.6 g fiber, and 7.6 g fat per muffin (recipe makes 12). Next time I'm going to try subbing pumpkin for half of the applesauce.

http://wellnessmama.com/2185/apple-cinnamon-muffins/

This sounds good and not really too many carbs either :)

GAgirl

yes you can also sub the honey if you actually used it as it was optional for a bit of sf sweetener . This sounds yummy and  it is only actually 5.5 net carbs each so less than you thought!!

Ceres

This looks like a good one to try! How was the texture sometimes coconut flour can be a little dry. What did you think??

The texture was definitely different than using regular flour. It was spongy and seemed like it should be really moist, but it wasn't--not dry, but not moist, either.

I made them again this morning using pumpkin. The pumpkin is drier than applesauce, so I added some water and also some vegetable oil; didn't measure, just kept adding until the texture seemed right. They needed 7-8 extra minutes to bake, and they aren't as sweet--with a little added sweetener I think they would be awesome. I'm holding myself back from going to the store just to buy eggs so I can try again! (Yes, I tend to get a bit obsessed when I find something good.)

Ceres

Coconut flour is extremely absorbent, and every recipe I've seen with it has lots of eggs. The first time I used it I didn't realize this and just subbed it in for regular flour--ended up with a bowl full of crumbs and didn't know why until I went online and started reading.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.