Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Momx4

Not gestational diabetes?

Momx4

I'm 12 weeks pregnant. My dr wanted to check me for GD early because I had it in my last two pregnancies. I did the one hour glucose drink. They wanted it under 130....well, it was 202. The nurse told me this isn't GD because it's too early. She thinks its regular diabetes. I wonder why they wanted to test early then if they thought it was too early? Anyway, they don't even want to do the 3 hour test because she said this one was already too high. The only thing she thought was weird is that my a1c was 5.6. Anyway, I was wondering what can I expect? They kinda just threw this on me today and I am scared from everything I've read about diabetes in early pregnancy.

ant hill

Hello Mom, Yes it's sad that Diabetes follows us everywhere as we love our food. Welcome to Diabetes Forums as you will find lot's of support and Congratulations on your 2Nd Pregnancy. Hope it all goes well for you. :)

samuraiguy

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on the pregnancy. The good news is no matter if you are type 2, type 1 or GD you have several options (diet, exercise, insulin and medications with doctor's monitoring) to keep your BG in a healthier range for pregnancy and many diabetic moms on this forum who can help you.

Momx4

Thank you all! I guess I'm just a little upset (and still shocked) because it would have been nice for them to tell me that if it's positive for diabetes, it's not GD. Know what I mean? I thought anytime you are pregnant and test, it was always GD. So I guess a little warning would have been nice. They haven't done a fasting glucose. They called me today and told me they called me in a monitor and stuff, went to pick it up and they didn't have it in stock until tomorrow afternoon. I'm also waiting for them to call me for a diabetes appt. I'm also worried because my last baby was delivered via scheduled csection at 37 weeks and was 9 lbs. his blood sugar was low so he had trouble breathing and was put on a feeding tube. Luckily he's a normal healthy 6 year old now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.