Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dowling gram

3 recipes I'm making for Christmas

dowling gram

Last year was my second diabetic Christmas and I was determined to have treats for me when everyone else was having dessert. I felt very deprived the year before but not last year. It worked out very well and I wasn't tempted to have the high carb baking I made for my family. This year I plan to do the same and these are  the 3 things I'm making for me. They are all from "all day I dream about food" and have been tested by me already. I can vouch that they are all delicious and they all freeze well.

The first is gingerbread cookies. The recipe does make 60 cookies or almost. I got 59 and they are almost gone so I'm making a second batch. I did not cut them into gingerbread men but instead used a round cutter.

http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2013/12/classic-gingerbread-men-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html

The second is lemon cheesecake bars. I made this last year and had a hard time keeping them for myself. The rest of the family thought they were good too.

http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/?s=lemon+cheesecake+bars

Next is cinnamon roll coffee cake. This recipe is so good I had a hard time limiting myself to 1 or 2 pieces

http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/?s=cinnamon+roll+coffee+cake

So there you have it --my desserts for the holidays. They will have to go in the freezer to keep them out of sight and me away from temptation

adiantum

Thanks DG , all 3 look great to me & many thanks for posting them

I've bought all the ingredients ready to make the gingerbread cookies. I used to love those as a child & if they weren't all eaten on the first day, mother would make a lemon icing for them on the 2nd day. There was never any left by the 3rd day.

Theres no room in my freezer so I'll not bake until closer to the holidays. 

I also need to bake peanut butter biscuits/cookies for the dogs & their 8 dog friends

mzteacher

HI these look terrific!

I have printed them off.

Will give them a try.!

I love it when tried and true recipes are posted . More so than recipes un tested but look good!!

Thanks for being our taste tester!!!

jwags

I am planning to do the same thing. I find if I have those sugar free cookies and desserts around I do so much better. I am planning on making biscotti and gingerbread.

dowling gram

To all making the gingerbread--it tastes better the second day. Right out of the oven they taste a little bland but the flavor gets into them after they sit for a while

macksvicky

To all making the gingerbread--it tastes better the second day. Right out of the oven they taste a little bland but the flavor gets into them after they sit for a while

Thank you for the tip as I would have scarfed them up as soon as they came out of the oven :eating:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.