Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MsKD

C-Peptide test and GAD65 Test results in need help interpreting them

Fraser

With my limited experience with Kaiser is they listen. to outside info, or if you don't like what your primary care is just fire them and try another.

Also when I really wanted to see an endo, I asked for a phone conversation with an endo.

That worked for me. And I have not charged for a visit,

Other than that, great research, if kaiser doesn't respond call Medicare and lodge a complaint.

I don't think Medicare will sit anyone down and say what do you need?

I beleive Kaiser does have provisions for using a patient advocates.

I use Kaiser Northern California, what do you use?

JohnJason

With my limited experience with Kaiser is they listen. to outside info, or if you don't like what your primary care is just fire them and try another.

Also when I really wanted to see an endo, I asked for a phone conversation with an endo.

That worked for me. And I have not charged for a visit,

Other than that, great research, if kaiser doesn't respond call Medicare and lodge a complaint.

I don't think Medicare will sit anyone down and say what do you need?

I beleive Kaiser does have provisions for using a patient advocates.

I use Kaiser Northern California, what do you use?

I noticed you're in California; I'm in Portland (which I think is where Kaiser Permanente started, during WW2). I've been with Kaiser only a couple of months. So far I don't have any real complaints with my PCP. He did enter the referral to endocrinology. My complaint is that endocrinology refused the referral. That kind of pisses me off. Even if I'm really a Type 2, I'm still diabetic and that is, after all, something that endocrinologists are supposed to deal with. I'll keep in mind the idea of using a patient advocate.

Thanks again for your comments. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.