Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JuliaDay2013

Fake bacon

JuliaDay2013

Traveling for DH's work, so in a hotel near kids. Went down for breakfast this morning, saw there was bacon. Take some, turns out to be nasty fake carp! Grrrrr.

macksvicky

How rude!! They must be thinking that they're saving money, but if they lose repeat business it'll cost them more than what they saved on buying real bacon!

crabby-appleton

When I was a patient in a Jewish hospital they served what I guess one could call "fake bacon" one morning with with eggs. I found it pretty decent.  Some kind of seasoned beef strips.

During my 5 years as a vegetarian my wife and I ate a number of vegetarian "meat" products.  I still enjoy some of those veggie burgers such as "Morningstar' and Gardenburgers'.

crabby-appleton

veggie patch (i think thats what its called) makes a chick pea and spinach patty that is very good! low in protein tho

Veggie Patch: (copy, cut, paste)

Why can't we do links?

Moonpie

I also like some veggie burgers. We make our own sometimes, in summer when there is an abundance of produce. I don't mind the fake bacon bits on a salad. But I also don't mind turkey bacon. What kind of fake bacon was it?

dowling gram

Veggie Patch: (copy, cut, paste)

Why can't we do links?

you can. Go to the web page and highlight the url at the top. Copy it and paste it on to the page here. The link will appear in black but when you post it will turn into a clickable link

Phoenix

During my 5 years as a vegetarian my wife and I ate a number of vegetarian "meat" products.  I still enjoy some of those veggie burgers such as "Morningstar' and Gardenburgers'.

gardenburgers are pretty good. 

but i am not now nor have ever been vegan.  i'm pretty much an omnivore - which means i eat health food, junk food, americana, ethnic, hot, cold, sweet, spicy, salty...  i do limit my protein sources to those things wrapped in plastic and derived from a grocery store....

adiantum

crabby , if you copy the url & whilst typing your reply look up on the icons above , & on the 2nd line theres an icon with circles, click on it & past the url in the pop up

crabby-appleton

crabby , if you copy the url & whilst typing your reply look up on the icons above , & on the 2nd line theres an icon with circles, click on it & past the url in the pop up

I don't see any icon with circles ????

Untitled2.png

adiantum

Ok, 2nd row & 9th  from the left. Its the next one after "Insert/remove numbered list"

Back to the drawing board.... That square you have is for inserting images..

sorry , I cant help you then

ant hill

To go Vegan is just Plant Food Only!!!! They even go on about Animal Products like Eggs and Offal in which they don't have. Then come the Exception to Sea Food. I go to think why? Is Fish a Vegetable?

Put a Pavlova in front of them as they will like it until you mention Egg Whites to them. :lol::D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.