Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mandy25

I'm almost 6 weeks! BG question for ladies that have been through pregnancy!

mandy25

Hi everyone,

I'm excited, I'm scared, I'm confused... you name it! I'm officially 6 weeks pregnant! Weee!

I have a question for those that have done a type 1 pregnancy before: Were your numbers almost always under 140? I'm trying really hard to stay under that number, but still have a spike (at least once a day). I feel a little defeated. Would love to hear others that experienced this. It's pretty stressful thus far.

CaitE

Yes. I am currently 6 weeks with my second. I have been type 1 for 21 years. My daughter is 20 months.

I have been experiencing rapid changes to my insulin levels already. I am having spikes to 11-12 range and feel like I'm making constant adjustments. This happened the first time around too. Try to focus on the overall A1C and not the minor ups and downs. It is near impossible to be perfect as there is constant change. My A1C last week was 6.4% and I know it will likely only get better.

JanetP

I'm a T2 and have never carried a pregnancy to term so I can't address your issues except to say congratulations and welcome to the forums.  Keep us posted on how things go with you both.  There have been several babies born in this crowd since I have been on DF and all have been happy and healthy,  I hope some of the T1 mommies out there chime in with advice for you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.