Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Radgirl1991

Tradjenta

Radgirl1991

has anyone ever taken tradjenta. what kind of side effects did you get. anyone taking it with a past history of pancreatitis and if so what kind of problems did you have if any? I just started taking it and I feel horrible. I'm not sure if maybe im getting sick or if it is the side effects of it but I also had pain in my upper abdomen and back all day today so im a little freaked out.

dowling gram

If you look at the side effects of Trajenta it says contact your doctor if you feel back pain. I'd contact my doctor and stop taking it if I were you. It may be that you are allergic to something in Trajenta. There are other meds for diabetes. You just have to find one that works for you. Maybe Metforman XR--the time released Metforman-- is what you need

samuraiguy

Welcome to the forums. Is that the only thing your Dr. will prescribe? If you've had a history of pancreatitis is says you're not supposed to take it so I was surprised your Dr. prescribed it in the first place.

Ed B

I took it for a while as a cheaper alternative to Onglyza.  It did nothing for me so I switched back to Onglyza.  I don't recall any pancreatitis symptoms with it.

cherokee_psh

I lost skin due to rashes recently.  I did not connect the dots that it was the Tradjenta.  I went to my primary, she asked what changed.  It made me think.  HMMMMM, In March the insurance company refused to pay for Januvia and forced the doctor to put me on Tradjenta.  A round of steroids and stopping the drug.  A week later, the rash is improving.  I see the endo next week, hoping the insurance company will permit Januvia again.

BigMouithXXX

I take Januvia, it is in the same class of drug.  It is pretty weak but it is anti- D which is healthier than just lowering sugar,  I have probably taken it for over 5 years. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.