Diabetes forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaDonna

Fitbit

Crizal

I have a FitBit flex but after a month gave up on it because it was crazy inaccurate.  I would sync it and would show seriously weird data, like walking 5000 step 4 hours in the future.  Exercise in the middle of the night. I also found the dashboard really cumbersome to track food and other things.

notme

I have the newest Fitbit. The Alta. Mine also fell off and I lost it after a week and a half. I contacted Fitbit, they replaced it and I bought the small rubber band protector that covers the clasp. This band protector also works for the flex.

In the meantime I also bought an Apple Watch. I like the apps for the Apple Watch but love the ease of step counting on the Fitbit. I look like a walking advertisement for wearables.

MariaGordon

Fitbit can also monitor sleeping habits.  The device comes with a cloth wrist strap so you can wear it to bed.  The Fitbit will track all of your movements in the night.

Fraser

Do you have an iPhone ( smartphone). As long as you are willing to carry your phone, there are apps to buy and even a built in health app that will cost you nothing more to operate. I would see if they work for you first if you just want to track steps. They can get very complex.

But it does not fit on your wrist. Unfortunately an IWatch has to be paired with an iPhone.

meyery2k

I have a Fitbit Charge 2 and have been very satisfied with it.  My girlfriend and her Mom also have the Charge 2.  I got one to try and thought it was a gimmick before buying and first using it but it has given me some good insight into my exercise.

I wear it regularly as a watch now.

I like the size and the relative simplicity.  The next model up is too large for my liking.  I don't want to wear a lot of hardware.

My phone has an app that logs exercise too but the Fitbit is sometimes with me when the phone isn't.

JanetP

I ended up with a FitBit Flex 2 and have to admit I am a little bit addicted to it.  I like that I can wear it in the pool and the information on sleep is helpful as my doc has gently yelled at me about getting adequate sleep.  The step tracking is fun, although it doesn't motivate me to get to 10,000 daily.  I do wish it tracked heartrate.  I can sometimes work in the garden for an hour or so and it will not count any of that as exercise, though last week it sent me a congratulations for 25 minutes on the elliptical after my water aerobics class. :D

meyery2k

Janet - I still really like my Fitbit.  Poor thing has been painted, exposed to cleaning agents, rained on, stepped on, and knocked off the counter by mischievous 4-legged creatures known as cats.  Still running strong.  Funny, the one thing I wished it could do was be swimproof lol...

Dave_KC

I have the Blaze currently and enjoy it very much.  It isn't, but swimproof would be cool.  Mine is a great tool for hitting my 10k and then some, plus I get bonus points through my insurance so lots and lots of steps, I usually hit over 100k for a week.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.