Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

merryj

Gallbladder problems with LCHF diet?

merryj

Since going back on LCHF since April I am getting a pain in by upper abdomen on the right side – right under my breast and ribcage I get an intermittent twinge (sort of like someone snapping a rubber band inside). Sometimes it seems to twinge up top and run down alongside my belly button and end next to my pelvic bone. I seem to have a bit more gas (belching or feeling like I need to belch).

I thought it was a pulled something-or-other since it started when I was throwing a stick for my dogs, but it twinges when I am just sitting quietly. My office mate said maybe gall bladder or appendix (but the appendix is a lot lower isn’t it?) 

Could this be gallbladder from too much fat in my diet? 

macksvicky

It could be your gallbladder. And yes the appendix is lower :) If you're eating good healthy fats, I don't believe that would cause it. However I no longer have my gallbladder or my appendix, I lost both long ago before I came to be a diabetic...high bad fats, high carbs, nasty sugar snacks... 

If you think you're having a gallbladder problem you should get that checked out, just to be on the safe side :)

samuraiguy

Could be GERDS, fat sets mine off big time and your LES attaches to your stomach on the right side. Try breaking your meals up to evenly spaced smaller ones so you have less fat at each.

dowling gram

I think a trip to the doctor is  called for. We can give lots of scenarios but until you know what the problem is you can't find a solution. If it's gall bladder it is nothing to fool around with. My sister went through maybe it's this and maybe it's that until she got deathly sick with an infected gall bladder. The doctors removed  it only after a regimen of antibiotics for weeks until the poison worked it's way through her system. It was not a pleasant time for her. An operation that would have been done in day surgery took a month of pain and suffering.

If it's not gall bladder then at least you'll know and know how to treat it. Putting off a doctors visit can make things a whole lot worse

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.