Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

miketurco

Rotating shot locations

miketurco

I take insulin twice a day and may possibly/maybe/thinking about it start to bolus for breakfast. My concern is rotating shot locations.

I've determined that injecting in my stomach is what works the best for me. It seems that arm and leg shots don't work very well at all.

The concern is rotating the area in which I take the shot. I have a terrible memory when it comes to remembering where I last poked myself. So I'm wondering if anyone has some sort of system going for them in terms of rotation. I've seen "diabetes tattoos" and have a cool little design in mind, but only as a last resort. Beyond that, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks

patricia52

Above the belly button in the morning. Near the waist at lunch. Below the belly button in the evening. Left side Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Right side Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

DeusXM

You'll still need to rotate your injections a bit more. If you inject repeatedly in the same vague area, that encourages fat deposits and also creates internal scar tissue. That means if you repeatedly inject in your stomach and only your stomach, you will develop a kind of pot belly that will be impossible to shift no matter how much weight you actually lose.

You need to use as many areas as possible - just rotating in circles around your stomach is not enough. I am surprised that you can discern a meaningful difference between the effectiveness of a Lantus injection in your thigh and your stomach - Lantus simply doesn't work fast enough for location to have an impact.

funkynassau

This topic interests me as I have developed that nasty pot belly after a year on Lantus at bedtime.  My DE told me to inject in a circle around my belly button.  I've injected all over that area, radiating outward and back inward.  Never tried anywhere else.  What are other good places to inject so as to not increase this !@#$%^& belly fat?

DeusXM

Outer upper thigh and butt cheeks are popular.

They're also good places to inject in....

You can also inject in your arms if you have shorter needles.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.