Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bishop

parmesan crisps

Bishop

I think it was a post/response from Vicky (?) that I saw that made me add parmesan crisps to my shopping list today.  Tried a few.  Pure Gold.  So simple but given my love of cheese and the texture - they're awesome!

Not the most economical food at about $8 for 3oz at Whole Foods and on amazon.com but it's not something I'll be eating all the time.  Given the ingredients, would love to try making this at home after researching some recipes.

Anyhow, thanks again to this forum.  The variety, ideas in the foot/eating section alone is so darn useful and helpful from a sustainability point of view.

Bishop

Thanks for the link!  Looks pretty straight forward.  Cheddar, parmesan, xxx - I love them all, equal opportunity cheese consumer, etc.  =)

Kit

I haven't tried it with any soft cheeses, but on the firm and semi firm, etc, that works great.  You can do it in the microwave on parchment paper, in the oven, or in a non stick skillet on the stove top.  Add some spices seasonings to your liking.  I saw a recipe somewhere that had you adding a little bit of flax to the cheese.  I've sprinkled chia seeds on top before coking as well.

Parm and paprika goes well together.  Pepperjack cheese all my itself is also very good.

adiantum

I've often made them with parmesan & sprinkled sesame seeds on top .

Cant make any now until the new microwave arrives. I just left the office to investigate a noise that's been annoying me...

The microwave had tuned itself on & I had to disconnect it from the wall to turn it off.

macksvicky

Oh yes, store bought are expensive!!!! But I was soooo new to LC/HF and was tickled to death to find low carb goodies at the store :lol:  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.