Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sambo5414

19, diabetic ,and first pregnancy

Sambo5414

im 19 years old & found out im 3 months pregnant . im very worried because i would say the last two years my diabetes has not been undercontrol , about 1 month ago i started to really get on my sugars & take care of myself & bam it happened !!! my last A1c was a 11 & that was about a month ago , but since then my sugars have been VERY under control !!! i hardly go into the 200s EVER! im scared of birth defects , & of course how my body will do .. anybody that might have been in the same situation as me ? how was your pregnancy ? & did you deliver a healthy baby ? 

Bee

I'm not sure how much I can help, as I have never been in your situation. I'm 29, and was diagnosed with type 1 just over 2 years ago. If I were you I would try not to worry too much about previous high readings and focus on keeping your blood sugar within a healthy range from now on. You can't change what has already happened but you can help yourself and your baby now by looking after yourself now. Good luck with your pregnancy :)

Sambo5414

I'm not sure how much I can help, as I have never been in your situation. I'm 29, and was diagnosed with type 1 just over 2 years ago. If I were you I would try not to worry too much about previous high readings and focus on keeping your blood sugar within a healthy range from now on. You can't change what has already happened but you can help yourself and your baby now by looking after yourself now. Good luck with your pregnancy :)

Thank you !! :)

adiantum

Hello Sambo, Welcome to the forum.

You cant undo yesterdays & worrying will only raise your BG so it's time to be kind to yourself .

200 is still too  high so try & get those numbers down.

Enjoy your pregnancy & my best wishes go to you & your baby.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.