Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rak1978

Jardiance

rak1978

I have been taking jardiance for the last 6 months or so and have seen great results in my numbers. It is not FDA approved for type 1, but it is working well, nonetheless. Basically, it forces excess sugar out in your pee

ant hill

Basically, it forces excess sugar out in your pee .

Hello Rachel, Now I am thinking that how long would your Kidney last?? It's the same with Diuretics Medication as forces water though your body. I am sorry Rachel as I see that drugs may well be good in one direction as they lean on healthy ones. As for me I see that the disease that we have makes our organs weaker as the eyes go first.

Our Kidneys are the body cleaners and without them, We would be No More!!!!

rak1978

Hello Rachel, Now I am thinking that how long would your Kidney last?? It's the same with Diuretics Medication as forces water though your body. I am sorry Rachel as I see that drugs may well be good in one direction as they lean on healthy ones. As for me I see that the disease that we have makes our organs weaker as the eyes go first.

Our Kidneys are the body cleaners and without them, We would be No More!!!!

Good point! I'll talk to my dr about that :)

JanetP

I was offered Invokana, which is a similar drug and refused it because I like my kidneys and want to keep them.  I will stick with metformin.  It has been around a while and the issues and probllems with it are well known.  These new drugs which remove sugar through the kidneys do not yet have a proven track record IMO.

Sobriquet

I first read about it in "until there's a cure" (by the guy who wrote "think like a pancreas")

He recommended it for short term use, particularly for help with weight loss.

Other info I have read talked about increased likelihood of bladder infection, thrush etc due to the increased sugar.

I don't know if it would be a great idea on a long term basis though- kidneys are kind of important.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.