Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JanetP

What do you guys think?

dowling gram

I think it's a great site especially for newbies. I remember when I was first diagnosed and the searching for things to eat. This not only tells you but gives you a few options and choices. I've book marked it

samuraiguy

It would be good to partner new people with a LCHF buddy they can exchange daily foods with so they can stay accountable--one on one, not just posting to a thread. LCHF takes discipline because your brain and body are fighting tooth and nail to get out of ketosis so seeing someone who has stuck to it longer than a year as a mentor would be good to help them overcome the set backs and avoid the pitfalls, i.e. "I'm going out with the office crew for dinner tonight, what do you suggest I select at the restaurant?".

Kit

I so wish I had found sites like that when I was first diagnosed instead of trying to follow the low fat diet I had been given.  It would have been so less stressful to actually see results instead of thinking I was in horrible shape because the yogurt and granola breakfasts would put me well over 200.  *sigh*  And I really hate the taste of yogurt, so it was misery all around.

I think the idea of a mentor is a neat idea.  Its nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of or get advice for some of those potentially tricky situations.

Seagal

I like her recipes and was thinking of making the cinnamon crunch cereal, but it sounds too good and I'd probably eat it by the fistful.

I had forgotten about her site, thanks Janet.

SueL4

I like the idea of emailing buddies or " mentors" too. Last time I was on the forum 2 years ago, I think some of us naturally fell into it and it was so helpful to have someone to be accountable to and to share the eating and testing sugar day with. It might become burdensome to some people who are busy with work and families so the threads here take the place.

JanetP

We can start a Carbs Anonymous group!  Hi, I'm Janet and I'm a carbaholic!

It's true!  If I avoid them completely, I'm fine.  But once I start, it's all over.  It's binge time!  I have quit trying to count.  If it's a carb, I don't eat it.  Vegetables don't effect me that way, but anything else does.  

adiantum
recipe in todays email from ditch the carbs might please

Coconut Fat Bombs

Ingredients

• 75g/ 2.6 oz coconut butter softened
  • 75g/ 2.6oz coconut oil melted
  • 25g/ 0.8oz finely shredded coconut (not coconut threads or chips)
  • 1 (5ml) tsp granulated stevia or sweetener of choice, to taste

Instructions

1. Mix all the ingredients in a pouring jug until stevia is dissolved.
  2. Pour into ice cube trays or silicon moulds.
  3. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Ready! Voila!
  4. http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/07/07/coconut-fat-bombs/

adiantum

I'm tempted to buy rum next shopping day.

I've only had white rum in coke & that was a nice summer drink but real rum might be nice on a cold winters night

JanetP

I have made fat bombs.  I can't leave them alone, either.  Will pop one every time I walk through the kitchen.  I would think the rum would keep them from hardening, but they sre would be good.  My parents used to make bourbon balls, which were similar to sugary fat bombs with a bourbon/sugar filling.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.