Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

art

CVS dropping some drugs

jwags

I think that is how most prescription benefits work. I chose SilverScript which is CVS because the premium was the cheapest with no deductible. I checked the drugs first to see what was covered. If I'm ever had to go on one of those drugs I would switch drug plans. Those are all very epensive meds and there are alternatives.

GretchO

I think they're dropping the name brand for those medications but will be selling the generics.

Neither are off patent so there shouldn't be generics available?

SueL4

Gretch,

I can't speak to those specific meds just that the articles on the subject makes the reader believe there are generics. Who knows why pharmacies do what they do.

TX_Clint

No generic for Invokana. However, this does give me the opportunity to go without it and see if it is really doing anything for me. It is a goal of mine to reduce my meds as much as possible.There are competitors such as Farxiga that I might switch to if I find it's worth it.

jwags

Luckily I only use Lisnopril and Metfoemin both generics. Most of these plans do cover insulin as a tier 2 drug. I don't think this refers to the CVs pharmacy but rather the CVS/Caremark Prescriptiom benefits program thru your insurance or stand alone plan. I can use CVS or any of SilverScript preferred pharmacies or the CVS/Caremark mail order service.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.