Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ridgefield

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are my heroes ❤️

Ridgefield

I would like to thank everyone for what I've learned from each one of you. I was diagnosed Tpye 2 two years ago with an A1c level of 7.8. I was able to lower that level to 6.3 within a year. Unfortunately it never dipped below. Feeling totally frustrated, I began my "diet" quest. In the past 12 months I have tried viligently to lower my BG, but it always stayed at 6.3 until I found all of you.

My daily meter readings keep going down and down by following what you've written and your recommendations to read Dr. Bernstein's Blood Solution. Although I will always miss PASTA (I'm Italian) I love the foods I eat.

The nurse at my doctor's office just called to tell me my new A1c was 5.9. Thanks to you and all the unbelievable amount of great information you shared, Wow!!! I'm over the moon! Thank you everyone

jwags

I know how frustrating it is when you do everything right and your HbA1 c stays higher than you want it. I have been at this for more than 8 years and my A1 c has been as low as 5.9 but lately it is 6.6 on a very low carb diet. For Italian LC dishes many of us use zucchini noodles. I use a spiral noodle slicer but you can use a veggie peeler. Also Kelp noodles or Shiratake noodles are extremely LC and allow you to eat noodles again.

Ridgefield

Thank you for the info about the noodles! I was right...you are the Best, most helpful people I have ever met. 6.6 is still pretty good. I hope my A1c stays this way, but I never know. I was in the high 80s low 90s all day until I went for a three mile walk. Then I was 103. I can't figure out how to stop that from happening. Oh, well. Still a lot better then before LC. Thanks again, I'm off to find some noodles.

predb4

Thank you for the info about the noodles! I was right...you are the Best, most helpful people I have ever met. 6.6 is still pretty good. I hope my A1c stays this way, but I never know. I was in the high 80s low 90s all day until I went for a three mile walk. Then I was 103. I can't figure out how to stop that from happening. Oh, well. Still a lot better then before LC. Thanks again, I'm off to find some noodles.

measure the blood sugar before exerise, if between 80-90, eat a 5g carb snack for each 30 mint of exercise.  like some piece of fruit.

Ridgefield

Diabetes is sooooo frustrating. I've walked fast, slow, up hills, on flat ground and my BG always goes up. I gave up strength training because that can raise me 40 points. Not a good idea when I'm trying to LOWER my BG. Thanks for letting me know. I'll try it tomorrow.

Seagal

Re the shirataki noodles, for those that have thyroid problems you might want to choose the yam/konjac shirataki instead of the tofu ;)

SueL4

I feel the same way you do. I came back for the support and I know my next A1C will be much lower. It's a great forum.

Ridgefield

measure the blood sugar before exerise, if between 80-90, eat a 5g carb snack for each 30 mint of exercise.  like some piece of fruit.

Thank you so much for telling me to eat carbs before I walk. Yesterday I had yogurt 8 carbs. My BG went up from 88 to 101. Today I upped carbs to 12...went down 3 points. Hurray!!! Thank you. it's so difficult figuring everything on my own. Im so happy to have friends like you!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.