Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

notme

Express Scripts AGAIN

notme

Good Greif this company drives me crazy. I have noticed they seem to be trying a little harder on customer service.

I have an RX for Neurontin (name brand only). Because I have been stockpiling a bit I have not gotten a prescription in awhile. The prescription from my old doctor always said (name brand only). My husband switched everthing to auto refill and once again Express Scripts changed my prescription to gabapentin. Gabapentin does not work for me for whatever reason.

Now they got permission from my new doctor to switch because this is something we never discussed at my first appointment. I had refills and it just didn't cross my mind. So I called the pharmacist at ES and they said they would send me a return label and then refill my prescription with name brand. So I get an email two hours later and I have another RX for Gabapentin pending. AAAAGGGHH!

I guess I should be thankful that ES said they would fix it. In the past they always gave me the "to bad, so sad" treatment and I had to pay for the wrong Rx. Why can't we just go back to the good old fashioned way of getting medications. This mail order stuff never goes smoothly. Far from it.

CandaceV

I despise them.  They sent my husband a $900 Rx for Cholchicine that I canceled twice and they still shipped it!  I didn't pay for it and never will.  They can't cancel us because they have a contract with my insurance company for long-term drugs.  They can put us in collection, join the club and good luck with that!  It wasn't even on auto refill.

notme

Oh! I am sorry Candace. There has got to be away around using this lousy company. I wouldn't pay either. I won't pay for the gabapentin either.

I wonder if anyone has figured out how to get around this impersonal prescription company.

Have they stopped pestering you for payment? Do you have records of canceling? If you do threaten them with a lawsuit.

CandaceV

We have to use them for long-term drugs, but we're not on any at the moment.  I've had Express Scripts taken off our records at our doctor's.  We can get long-term drugs filled locally for 3 months before we MUST use Express Scripts. 

My husband's doctor sent them a letter that he was taken off the drug before they shipped it, but they're still sending bills to us.  I don't care.  I won't pay it.  I sent them a certified letter written in red Sharpie, "READ MY LIPS.  WE DID NOT ORDER THIS.  I DON"T HAVE TO PAY FOR THINGS I DON"T ORDER.  STOP HARASSING US." 

The only thing we finance are cars and a $900 medical collection won't affect us, per my automotive Credit Manager nephew.  Sue me!  Get a Judgment!  I just don't care...I'm not going to pay an attorney, either, might as well pay the bill because it would cost $500. 

I filed a complaint with my State's Attorney General office, but I doubt they will do anything.  I'm just done with it.

Colchicine was a generic priced at $20 until recently when the manufacturer added something to it to make it proprietary.  Now it's $900. Colchicine comes from a flower and has been used for a thousand years for gout.  My husband had gout in his knee until his replacement, hence he doesn't need it anymore.  He probably never needed it, as his type of gout is caused by a toothpaste ingredient and/or magnesium deficiency.  

I have to stop now before I have a stroke :) 

Oh! I am sorry Candace. There has got to be away around using this lousy company. I wouldn't pay either. I won't pay for the gabapentin either.

I wonder if anyone has figured out how to get around this impersonal prescription company.

Have they stopped pestering you for payment? Do you have records of canceling? If you do threaten them with a lawsuit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.