Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mg_2204

Apple pie that makes its own crust

mg_2204

Hello!

This is a desert I make often for the whole family. Since I came across that recipe, I've never made another 'regular' apple pie.

Note : The original recipe uses 3/4 cups of sugar

Quick and easy!

APPLE PIE THAT MAKES ITS OWN CRUST

Use a non-stick pie dish for best results!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of sugar (sometimes I put a little less)

1 teaspoon of baking powder

1 pinch of salt

1/2 cup of plain flour

2 big eggs, beaten

1/2 teaspoon of vanilla

4 apples, diced

1/2 cup of chopped nuts

cinnamon to your taste

In a bowl, mix the 4 first ingredients.

In another (bigger) bowl, mix together all the other ingredients.

Add the first mix to the second. Stir well with a wooden spoon until the apples are well mixed in the batter.

Put the mix in a non-stick pie dish (or use a regular one but grease it slightly before).

Cook at 350°F for about 30 minutes. For fan assisted ovens, it may take less time! For better results, check a few times.

The pie is ready when golden. Enjoy!

Tina

Hello Marie!

Do you happen to have the "exchange" information on the apple pie receipe you posted? It sounds wonderful and I would like to try it. thanks Tina

Tina

Hi Marie,

That is quite all right! LOL! By exchange, I mean Starch, Fats and Protein.Have you ever tried this with Splenda? I am not on meds & am trying to control with diet & exercise, which is going well. I am on a 1500 calorie diet by the dietician. I made some Cinnamon cookies last night from a diabetic cookbook I purchased. They were yummy, and you can have 3 and it is only 1/2 starch for all THREE! They are tiny, but wonderful. Thanks for the receipe! Tina

mg_2204

Hello again Tina!

I'm very sorry, I don't have the fat, protein, sugar values for this recipe. It was originally given to me by someone who is on the 'Slim for Life' program. I'll try to get a hold of her and ask, ok?

I did it once with Spenda but my family didn't like it.

I still make desert for my family but I try to avoid it myself. On either Friday or Saturday I'll have a tiny bite of some low cal desert I've made. The less I eat desert, the less I miss it.

I'll try to get back with the 'exchanges'!

Bye!

Marie

Tina

Thank you Marie, I would appreciate it! It sounds yummy. Being new to all of this makes it difficult. I am sure as time goes by I will get used to it. Meal planning is a tough one with my 6yr old and husband.(they are too much alike........FUSSY! LOL) I try to make one meal so I dont feel like I am sticking out like a sore thumb. My husband helps with the planning, which is great! If your friend does not have the exchanges, that is fine too. Thanks a bunch

Tina

mg_2204

Hello Tina!

Sorry for the long delay...

Here is what I could get :

For the whole pie :

Glucose : 320 g

Calories : 825

Considering I share this pie in 8 servings...

Glucose per serving : 40 g

Calories per serving : 206

Sorry, this is all I could get from the person :(

Bye!

Marie

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.