Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

notme

Morning Wake Up Readings 2015

djbAZ

69 - onetouch ultra 2

69 - onetouch ultra mini

91 - contour next

tested with all three so I could compare to lab numbers (and confirm that I should stop using onetouch meters), but turns out no order was sent in for the tests, so I'll try again next week.

Hammer

Thanks Nancy!

I woke up to an 83 today.  I'll have to see if I wake up to another reading in the 80's.  If I do, then I'll add one more unit of Lantus to my nightly dose.  That's the thing with taking a basal insulin....you are constantly changing the dose in order to keep your BG levels fairly constant, which is yet another reason why we need to test so often.

chadha

I think adding "2015" did a justice to the thread. We should make one thread every year in the starting of the calendar.

139 today.

adiantum

8.7  My highest reading.

I thought it was because I scoffed down 100g carbs yesterday  but it might be to celebrate the new 2015 thread

JanetP

Thanks, Nancy.  The old one was getting a little unwieldy.

105 this morning.  Can't seem to get back down into the double digits.  The nights are cooler and I am sleeping better in spite of my liver but my appetite has returned with a vengeance.  I am wondering if I am getting ready to hibernate.

Uff Da

106 (5.9) at 4:40 this morning after an 85 (4.7) (and a slice of cheese) at bedtime, then a 122 (6.8) at 2 AM.  I'm totally baffled about that 2 AM reading.  Never before have I seen it go up in the middle of the night, then come back down as dawn neared.  Will have to do another middle-of-the-night reading soon to check this. 

retired521

Was 126 this morning using the RelionPrime meter.  I'll take it.  Especially with this meter.

Was at doctors yesterday on another issue, going to have surgery for an inguinal hernia sometime in the next 3 or so weeks.  Have to see surgeon on the 9th of Sept,

I will going back on Metformin probably today or tomorrow.  I finally got my gastro intestinal problems pretty much under control.  What has helped the most is the addition of a probiotic to my diet.  I take one or two a day between meals or about 1 hour before meals.  The loose stools and diarhhea are gone.  My doc also suggested adding some fiber and suggested either Metamucil or FiberCon.  He said FiberCon will not give you gas where Metamucil might.  Start out slow and add more FiberCon as you go along.  So far the probiotic is helping a lot, will see how adding the fiber will do.

Will take 1 Metformin ER (500mg) before bedtime which may help with morning highs, I stress the word "may" because the doc said  sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. 

Will see how it works!  And, will see if the Metformin brings back the gastro problems, but the doc said if I take the probiotics and fiber they shouldn't. 

Only thing he told me is to take the fiber 2 hours before or after the Metformin.  Probiotics have no effect with Metformin and can be taken together.

To be safe, check with your own doctor on the above if you are having gastro problems also.

FunDad62

50 for me this morning.  Not sure why.  I slept in an hour later than normal and ate low carb yesterday.  Might be time to drop the Lantus a little more again.  We'll see.

@retired521 - What probiotic do you take?

A rainy Saturday morning here.  Not good to have days of rain before a tropical storm hits.  Then the grounds already saturated.  Hmm....

Bring it on Erika.

macksvicky

80 (4.4) this rainy morning. 

Fundad.....50??? That's too low! And you're challenging Erika??? Be careful what you ask for hahahahhaha 

Oh, and congrats on all the weight loss :) 

retired521

50 for me this morning.  Not sure why.  I slept in an hour later than normal and ate low carb yesterday.  Might be time to drop the Lantus a little more again.  We'll see.

@retired521 - What probiotic do you take?

A rainy Saturday morning here.  Not good to have days of rain before a tropical storm hits.  Then the grounds already saturated.  Hmm....

Bring it on Erika.

FunDad62  using Natrol brand right now:  http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=74752&catid=184257&aid=338666&aparam=74752&kpid=74752&CAWELAID=120142990000041440&CAGPSPN=pla&kpid=74752

Going to try the NOW brand when they arrive in mail:   http://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Probiotic-10-Billion-Vcaps/dp/B002S1U7RU

The Natrol Brand is working, but just for kicks want to try the NOW brand.  With the NOW brand you only need one a day.  The Natrol brand you should take one 1/2 hour to an hour before a meal.

Kit

84 this morning after I stuffed my face for a bed time snack.

Well ok, didn't stuff my face, but after dinner, a small drink (about half a shot of rum mixed with a no carb mixer) and a 3 mile walk, I was at 71.  Wasn't worried about going low, but I really wanted to try to avoid a bad liver dump.

Slept like a rock and only got up once when the bladder was about to stage a revolt.

Slept in, snuggled with Mr Fuzzy, its gray and rainy, I'm happy.  :)

FunDad62

80 (4.4) this rainy morning. 

Fundad.....50??? That's too low! And you're challenging Erika??? Be careful what you ask for hahahahhaha 

Oh, and congrats on all the weight loss :)

Oh yeah way too low.  I was still lying in bed when I noticed I was shaky.

Erika wimped out headed west so it likely won't even get breezy here.  She was scared of me.

Thanks for the congrats!  Still losing....slowly.

predb4

at 5 am, when the cat wakes me up, it was 97

i am usually out of bed at 6.30 but stayed till 8am, when ui got 108

metfrmin seems to be working and i have not detected spikes, brings me back to the 90s

the side effects a little better now.