Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

notme

Morning Wake Up Readings 2015

Bishop
hit 86 this morning.

spiked to 141 after a very naughty chinese restaurant dinner last night, but had a Keto Bar, a 40 minute stroll around the block and was at 91 two hours later.  then went to bed a number of hours after that.

have another late night business dinner tonight, starts at 9:30pm.  and it’s going to be a long week for a number of other reasons.

happy monday!

macksvicky

79 (4.4) this morning. It's warming back up here, it was 70 at 5am, I guess I got spoiled with the 50s and low 60s in the early mornings :)

Uff Da

97 at 2:00 first wake-up

127 at 9:45 second wake-up, so 30 points of DP.

My BG was 80 last evening, but then I had a 4.4 carb snack, which should have theoretically raised my BG by 22 points.  So the 97 at 2:00 was in the ballpark for the number of carbs I ate, thus it would seem that my 7 units Lantus still keeps me fairly level until DP hits, usually about 4 AM.  

jwags

We have been on vacation the past few weeks. Suprisingly my Fastings bgs have been great and I have been treating myself to a few more carbs. I have been eating sourdough bread with dinner and even snacking more than usual. We have tried to hike everyday but many of the Olympic National Park trails have been closed due to the wind storm. So we are not getting as much exercise as we thought we would. We may fight the rain and see if we can find a trail open with a view later today. The Hoh Rainforest is still closed, we drove down there yesterday, 2.5 hours just to be turned away at the gates. My fasting bgs have been mostly in the 71-96 range most days. I think my bgs like this new time zone, but not the rainy weather.

chadha

106.  I won't complain since I forgot to take my metformin last night and blaming it on the new roommate.  See pic in Daily Chat.

Good to see your own photo...

Hammer

I woke up to a 57.....and that's where I want to be, so I'll have to wait and see if I get the same morning wake up BG for a few days, just to make sure that my Lantus dose is correct.  If my BG drops any lower, I'll have to lower my Lantus dose by one unit, in an attempt to stay around 60. :)

To those of you who are not using insulin, and are having trouble getting your BG levels down, this is why I like using insulin.  To be able to control your BG levels this precisely is something that I want the ability to do.  Of course, I still need to eat low carb and exercise, but if I should eat something carby that I don't normally eat, I can always take extra Novolog to keep from spiking too high, and if by chance, I do start to spike too high, I'll just take a corrective shot of Novolog to halt the spike.

adiantum

Hammer, you could've been addressing me with that Lantus statement.

It might be time for me to ask the doctor about it . 9.2 again this morning

Yesterdays cabs would've been 20g with no dinner or snacks last night.

I even wasted yesterday by not getting anything done in the yard.. no energy at all

Hammer

Hammer, you could've been addressing me with that Lantus statement.

It might be time for me to ask the doctor about it . 9.2 again this morning

Yesterdays carbs would've been 20g with no dinner or snacks last night.

I even wasted yesterday by not getting anything done in the yard.. no energy at all

Lee, will your doctor allow you to submit to a C-Peptide test?  If he will allow you to take that test, that will give you an idea as to how much insulin you are still producing.  From your comments, I would say that your insulin production is really low, otherwise, eating 20 carbs shouldn't have resulted in a 9.2, or 165.6 mg/dL.  You may need to go on insulin, what with those numbers.  If you do decide to go on insulin, maybe go all the way and go on both a basal insulin, like Lantus, and a bolus insulin, like Novolog.  Using both types of insulin will give you much better control of your BG levels.  Insulin will also allow you to eat more carbs every day, and that should help with your energy levels, but deciding to go on insulin is a decision that you alone have to make.  I like insulin, but there are a few downsides to using it, but if you learn how to properly use it (and keep some glucose tablets close by), you should be fine.

Cormac_Doyle

that is a perfect 4 - I'm jealous!!!

for the last 3 weeks I've been waking up around 3.9 ... but only on the nights I don't drink. Since I got paid, I've been letting my hair down ... now I wake up closer to 144 / 8.0

Maybe I should stop drinking Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (my personal kryptonite)

Oh - and auto-correct in chrome makes me seem much more sober than I really am! ;)

My dinner tonight? 3 thick slices of bacon (cubed), 2 frankfurter sausages (cubed), 3 eggs, a splash of half-and-half ... - fry the meat, add the eggs & cream; and then thicken as per any omelette recipe ...

Not much carbs there - so I know it's the damn beer!

(my lunch was salad with tuna; I skip breakfast in favour of java coffee with some half-and-half ...)

JanetP

103 sometime in the wee hours of my morning adventure.  I had one of the most frightening, horrible experiences of my life last night.  It was my own fault and I learned a hard lesson.  Will talk about it in another thread.

Java

an undeserved 108 after i'd been awake about an hour

*shrugs*

every night for days now i keep waking up all sweaty ~ it's very strange ~ i went for the longest time not doing that and now it's every.single.night. ~ so gross!!  and when i wake up i'm too sleepy to test and see if maybe it's BG related

ugh

enjoy your day!