Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

notme

Morning Wake Up Readings 2015

retired521

126 on the RelionPrime meter so will shave 20 pts off that and go with a 106.

May start taking Metformin again just before bedtime and see what readings I get in the morning.  My doc said to take with a probiotic to help stave off any gastric problems.  Experiment again, oh well.

retired521

FunDad62  using Natrol brand right now:  http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=74752&catid=184257&aid=338666&aparam=74752&kpid=74752&CAWELAID=120142990000041440&CAGPSPN=pla&kpid=74752

Going to try the NOW brand when they arrive in mail:   http://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Probiotic-10-Billion-Vcaps/dp/B002S1U7RU

The Natrol Brand is working, but just for kicks want to try the NOW brand.  With the NOW brand you only need one a day.  The Natrol brand you should take one 1/2 hour to an hour before a meal.

Just want to add, it seems that the FiberCon is just now starting to do it's job after being on it for about 3 days.  Don't want to get into details, but I am feeling a lot better stomach wise. 

Bishop

Hit 83 this morning.  That's despite that business dinner late last night, and not getting my exercise in.  Though I did feel like we ate pretty darn responsibly and the alcohol was amazingly quite minimal.

Kit

95 here this morning.

And with the rains I am noticing my numbers raising about 10 points.  Nothing horrible, they are still good.  But it was nice to see myself in the 70s and 80s through most of the day.  Now its 80s and 90s.  I was 98 after dinner last night.  I haven't hit the 90s after dinner since June (and that was 90).

Wish I understood the biological mechanic behind it.  I sleep better during this weather, am happier with the cooler temperatures.  Mostly just out of curiosity.

Hoping I can still keep my morning numbers under 100 for a while still.

adiantum

I tried to stay active all day yesterday to improve my FBG .

By the end of the day I was too tired to even swing a broom, so used a leaf blower to clean the paths.

retired521

I get home from work at about 8 :00 PM and take a reading around that time.  Tonight is was 80 on the RelioPrime.  Always low at this time.  I eat lunch at 4:00 PM there abouts.  I am starting Metformin tonight before bed 1 500 mg Meformin ER.  Gonna see how it reflects on my morning numbers.

chadha

108, can say I'm saatisfied....

I don't mind talking about my disease in public but it irks me when somebody who knows nothing about diabetes except it is a disease which prevents you to eat sweets, advises me to start exercising or try some herbal $#!T and go off insulin....

These ppl make me realize that if i talk about my diabetes they not only gonna ask 1000 stupid questions but also will give me the random alternatives as if I'm stupid qnd never thought to opt for exercising and no-eating sweets instead of taking insulin/medicine.

nobody_special

111 this dark morning. Power is out which makes getting ready for work a real pain.

predb4

I get home from work at about 8 :00 PM and take a reading around that time.  Tonight is was 80 on the RelioPrime.  Always low at this time.  I eat lunch at 4:00 PM there abouts.  I am starting Metformin tonight before bed 1 500 mg Meformin ER.  Gonna see how it reflects on my morning numbers.

i have been on it for about a week.

i take it with lunch before going to work, just 500 mg, but the side effects subsided and, when they did happen was in the morning when i did not have to go out.

92 when i was up t 6am, and at 8.30, 96.

i was hardly under 100 before. should have started much sooner.

Uff Da

114 (6.3) at 4:40 this morning after a 90 before my bedtime snack.  I knew it would end up over 100 when I chose to eat that cheese and peanuts, but it was worth it.  I just can't sleep when I'm hungry.

retired521

Took Metformin ER last night at 11 PM before bed.  Just one 500 mg tablet.  I have been off Metformin since Aug. 17th, about 15 days.  Got 113 reading on the RelionPrime meter this morning at 9:17 AM.  That is the lowest fasting number I have had in a long, long time.  So far no side effects this morning, but ya never know!  And this meter is known to read HIGH.

One thing that has helped me so far is taking FiberCon only take two doses of it during the day.  Two tablets in morning and two tablets around 7 pm. Don't want to jinx myself, but the diarhhea is now a thing of the past.  I will see if it stays this way with the addition of the Metformin ER taken at bedtime.

Don't you just love experimenting!!