Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dowling gram

The price of almonds

dowling gram

I make my own almond flour with blanched sliced almonds. I usually order the 300G packages from Walmart 6 to 10 at a time. They used to be $4.22 a package. Today when I went to order them they were $727. A $3 jump. I can only think there must be a shortage caused by weather conditions where they grow. If you buy any almond product--flour etc.-- check the price. If it's what you've always paid stock up because it's sure to go up soon

jwags

They grow almonds in California. They are having a terrible drought on the West Coast. I noticed Almond flour has jumped in price, too. I am looking at other LC flour alternatives.

Moonpie

The last time we drove through almond country, we saw so many trees/orchards dieing due to the drought, it is so sad, yet the pols do nothing. I met a rice farmer & their water allotment was cut by 1/3, but rice grows in water!! 

samuraiguy

I buy bulk to make my own chocolate almond butter and the ones at Sam's club come to $5.60 per pound. They are whole almonds however because I like the extra fiber in my butter.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.