Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dowling gram

high calorie low carb

dowling gram

Am I missing something. I lost 40 pounds after going low carb and then my weight remained stable. I do eat flax, cheese and nuts for the health benefits and higher calories and my diet is relatively the same. Lately however I keep losing weight and I don't want to. Granted I'm a bit more active but that shouldn't account for a 10 pound loss. I don't understand what's happening.

Does anyone know of a low carb, high calorie food besides flax cheese and nuts that I can add to my diet.

NoraWI

You can add whipping cream and cream cheese to your diet. I don't see whether you are a T1 or a T2. Either one, if you are running out of beta cells you will lose weight and need insulin for control.

Seagal

DG is a type one as noted under her avatar.  Maybe you could add additional fat as Nora mentioned?  You can make some pretty good fat bombs that are low carb, but high calorie.

Although these bars are almost 5 carbs each, they could be cut in half for a high calorie treat.

http://thenourishedcaveman.com/coconut-chcocolate-bars-low-carb-snacks/

dowling gram

seagal I don't know how that type 1 got there. I certainly didn't put it there. I'm a type 2.

Nora I don't think I've become more insulin resistant because my readings are the same low--normal they have been since I gained control. My A1C is still under 6 too.

OK I think I've solved my problem.  Looking at my diet for the past couple of months I can see that since the garden is giving me lots of good tasting produce I've been eating a lot of garden veggies and not enough fat and protein. I think if I increase both my weight will stabilize.

I panicked when the scale showed I'd lost 10 pounds. If I'd thought about it I would have come up with the answer. It's a fine line we walk when we cut down on carbs

Orlando

Am I missing something. I lost 40 pounds after going low carb and then my weight remained stable. I do eat flax, cheese and nuts for the health benefits and higher calories and my diet is relatively the same. Lately however I keep losing weight and I don't want to. Granted I'm a bit more active but that shouldn't account for a 10 pound loss. I don't understand what's happening.

Does anyone know of a low carb, high calorie food besides flax cheese and nuts that I can add to my diet.

use plenty of high quality olive oil, plenty of calories there for zero carbs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.