Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sbwertz

Kroger sugar free peanut butter on sale this week

sbwertz

I just got two jars of Kroger's all natural sugar free peanut butter for $1.79 a jar at my local Fry's.  That's half what I usually pay for Laura Scudders and just as good.  Ingredients just peanuts and salt.

TX_Clint

Kroger's at Fry's? Fry's is an electronics store here. I've never seen sugar free peanut butter and not in a kroger's brand for sure. Please give us more information if you can. I've seen no sugar added but it still has about 4 or 5 net carbs per 2 tbsp.

Kit

The store I usually go to here is a Krogers, though doesn't go by that name.  I've not seen a store brand sugar free either.  Though they do carry Adam's natural peanutbutter, which is the same of peanuts and salt.

Good stuff.  I've been using it for a few years now.  Still has carbs, but then, so do peanuts.  :)

NoraWI

Fry is a carpenter out here :). And I haven't seen a Kroger's grocery store in over 40 years. I buy Schmucker's organic peanut butter that has nothing but peanuts and salt. But it certainly costs me more than $1.79 a jar!

miketurco

Peanut butter is a "trigger food" for me. That means once I eat a little, I keep on keepin' on with the spoon. I buy mine at a store called Winco. They have a machine there, full of peanuts, and it grinds the peanuts into peanut butter as you stand there. Just peanuts, nothing else.

Here are a few of my "keto recipies," all of which can be prepared using only a tablespoon:

Peanut butter butter: butter and peanut butter. Sounds gross but it's really good.

Peanut butter and cream cheese. Yum.

Peanut butter, just by itself on a tablespoon.

Seagal

sbwertz, Sounds like you got a really good deal on the peanut butter!

I try to stay away from peanuts since they are a legume and I don't do too well with legumes.

I do like the almond butter, but it has gotten very expensive.

Moonpie, thanks for the tip on Food4Less, I think there is one a few miles away and I might try it for the Carbmaster.

sbwertz

Apparently it is a new product for Kroger.  It is their own brand {Kroger All Natural Peanut Butter).  It is the first time I have seen it.

Yes, we have Fry's Electronics here too, but also Fry's Food and Drug Stores, a Kroger subsidiary.Here is a list of all their stores.  They also have their own brand of low carb yogurt (CarbMaster) and sugar free bread and butter pickles and pickle relish. 

Baker's Supermarkets (Omaha, Nebraska)
City Market (Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico)
Dillons Food Stores (Kansas, Missouri)
Fry's Food & Drug (Arizona)
Gerbes Super Markets (Central Missouri)
Harris Teeter (North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia)
Jay C (Southern Indiana)
King Soopers (Colorado, Wyoming)
Kroger (Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia)
Owen's (Northeastern Indiana)
Pay Less Super Markets (Central Indiana)
QFC (Oregon, Washington)
Ralphs (Southern California)
Scott's (Fort Wayne, Indiana)

miketurco

They are also food for less in so cal. I was the today and they didn't have it. Just as well, it is a trigger food for me.

Kit

To add to that list, they're also Fred Meyer in Washington state.  Unsure about elsewhere.

I'll have to check to see if they have that brand of peanutbutter next time I'm there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.