Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zorch

Quest Protein Chips

Zorch

To anyone looking for a store-bought chip to snack on - 

I recently tried a bag of Quest's Protein Chips (with light Sea Salt) (same Company that makes the protein bars) and found them to be a great low carb chip to snack on  - only 5g carb per package.  They are extremely delicate though (crumble easy).  Based on reviews that I've read, some folks disagree with me on taste, but I found them to taste fine.  I had half a bag with a serving salsa (hot) that had 2g of carbs per salsa serving and it was a nice snack that was under 5g in total carbs.  You can purchase through Amazon or Quest's website.  Certain organic food stores and vitamin stores carry them too.    Nutritional contents for the chips are below - beside the low carb, they appear to be way healthier than your average chip.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 (32g)
Calories 120
Calories from Fat 15
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Amount/Serving
%Daily Value*
Total Fat 1.5g
2%
Saturated Fat 0g
0%
Trans Fat 0g

Cholesterol 10mg
3%
Sodium 190mg
8%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 2%
Phosphorus 4%
Amount/Serving
%Daily Value*
Potassium 65mg
2%
Total Carbohydrate 5g
2%
Dietary Fiber 0g
0%
Sugars 0g

Protein 21g

Calcium 15%
Iron 0%

Best regards - Zorch

macksvicky

I love their protein bars, the brownie one is my favorite. Hubby saw them on the counter and was shocked that the protein content was almost twice what his protein bars have LOL    Plus my Quest bars don't have all the carbs that his has :) I'll have to try the chips, thanks for posting this.

Bishop

Thanks for posting this!   Good to see more options.  When I think about chips, I normally go with the cheese crisps (zero carbs) - all kinds of brands (local as well as bigger labels), or can be made yourself - taste great and have wonderful texture.  Will add this to the crispy snack/chip inventory though and check them out.

I 2nd any recommendation on the Quest bars but note that they do have a reputation for spiking a number of folks.  I think the Quest guy has tried to at least respond, but if you're spiking - for whatever reason with them - you're spiking, so just have to continue to meter and measure like everything else.

http://www.diabetesforum.com/diabetes-diet-nutrition/8859-quest-working-making-their-bars-more-diabetic-friendly.html

( this thread and the interview itself was many years back ; not sure if things actually improved since then and i'm benefitting from that improvement in their product )

kooka

Sounds good but I have no control once I start on chips of any kind. LOL Yesterday my entire day carb count was 9 and today it's 12 and I am done for the day so those would take up a bit of my carbs. Last night I made the ground flax chips with garlic powder and rosemary baked them on olive oiled parchment paper and ate them all for no carbs. LOL

macksvicky

I usually eat about a third of a quest bar at a time. That way I can get the taste of something sweet and no spikes from that. So far, so good :)

Edit, you are doing so good with your carb count :)

Stl-T2

I agree that that those chips are super delicate.  I've started buying them in unopened cases from GNC and that seems to help get more large, intact chips.  I think the taste takes a bit of getting used to -- there's a sort of sour aftertaste -- but I found they were good enough to ween me off of Lay's sour cream an onion chips.  They aren't going to hold up to a thick dip, though.  Maybe a runny sort of dip would work, but I've been ok with eating them plain.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.