Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anna Mary

Diet plan

Anna Mary

I am a type 1 diabetes patient. Thanks to the experts at needstreet, my sugar levels are always controlled. I would like to know whether i can go on a keto diet.

NoraWI

Why shouldn't you be able to? It will definitely help with control and, if you need to, with weight loss. After all, the fewer carbs you consume, the less insulin you use; the less insulin you use, the less fat is stored in the body. Just test a lot to make sure you are within your goal numbers and not going too low nor high.

kayell

Check out 'Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution' or 'The Diabetes Diet, Dr. Bernstein’s Low-Carbohydrate Solution'. Although he doesn't call it a keto diet, it effectively is at only 30 g of carbs per day and controlled protein. Dr. Bernstein is a type 1 in his mid 80's - one of, if not the longest lived type 1's in the world. It's working for him for sure.

MariaGordon

Diabetes diet arranging begins with eating a very much adjusted eating regimen that incorporates sugars, protein, and fat. Carbs transform into glucose in the body. The body needs carbs for vitality. Eating an excessive number of carbs can raise blood glucose levels excessively, however it is imperative not remove these sustenances. Eating excessively few carbs may make your blood glucose go too low. Eating a direct measure of carbs at every dinner, with an adjusted admission of protein and fat, will help your blood glucose stay in a sound range.

Bar&In

Yes you can go on Keto as a T1 but just make sure you want to stick with it and don't keep bouncing in and out of ketosis. I felt great on Keto after a four day period of feeling like complete death (just a heads up, shortness of breath, tiredness, etc. but will pass) but couldn't limit myself in carb intake due to working shifts and being up a lot. I kept bouncing in and out and felt awful but once through Keto Flu and remaining in ketosis, I felt best I ever felt. Best of Luck. Hope you like almonds, walnuts and avocados to name a few key foods.

NoraWI

Diabetes diet arranging begins with eating a very much adjusted eating regimen that incorporates sugars, protein, and fat. Carbs transform into glucose in the body. The body needs carbs for vitality. Eating an excessive number of carbs can raise blood glucose levels excessively, however it is imperative not remove these sustenances. Eating excessively few carbs may make your blood glucose go too low. Eating a direct measure of carbs at every dinner, with an adjusted admission of protein and fat, will help your blood glucose stay in a sound range.

That is utter nonsense! There is absolutely NO amount of carbohydrate that is required by the body. Carbohydrates are nature's candy that used to be seasonal not 3 times a day edibles.

Kit

Our livers create plenty of glucose through a process called gluconeogenesis.  Many of us jump through numerous hoops trying to minimize the affects of our livers on our BG control.  Seriously, you don't need to eat any carbohydrates at all in order to have enough glucose to supply the needs of our brains.

Now that said, fresh low carb veggies are a great source of various nutrients and I would never dream of dropping them out of my diet.  But I've been averaging around 30g total carbohydrates a day and I am very picky on which vegetables I eat.  Fruit is an extremely rare occurrence, and I eat no grains at all.  I also avoid root vegetables completely with the exception of things like onions, radishes, garlic, etc which are mostly used for seasoning.

It sounds very much like the usual crap spewed out by the medical establishment for decades.  The same crap that has led most of my family members down the path of serious diabetic complications.

Anyted

My diet plan is that i stop drinking soda , and eating alot of sweets so that my sugar don't go sky rocket.

also i added more carbohydrates to my diet but not alot since rice is good.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.