Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BookwormBetty

Peppermint Tea?

BookwormBetty

I like peppermint tea (just peppermint, nothing added), though I don't have it very often. It's nice in the winter when the office is chilly in the afternoon and I don't want caffeine. I've been googling, trying to find out if it's okay to drink and keep reading that it's bad for diabetics because it can cause hypoglycemia. However, I'm thinking that as a T2 on metformin (no other meds), that's probably not something I need to worry about. Anyone here drink peppermint tea with no ill effects. (I'll add it to my list of foods to test. I finally tested before and after coffee today - not that I ever quit having my one morning cup - and it didn't elevate my bg at all. Hurray!)

Moonpie

I sometimes drink mint tea, from both tea bags &  or sprigs of mint, I love it. Don't notice anything on bg.

predb4

i doubt that 1-2 cups of mint tea would lower bg significantly.

i drink all sorts of tea, with artificial sweeteners.  i am glad i can.

janice21475

Spearmint, Peppermint, Wintergreen, Medley, what's not to like about mint? Love it. One of my favorite flavors.

BookwormBetty

Thanks, everyone! As I said, I don't drink it regularly - but I'm thinking it'll become my cold winter morning go-to. It used me be hot chocolate or mocha (hot chocolate made with coffee instead of water). I'm going to miss hot chocolate.... I looked at a couple of brands at the store, but even the sugar-free ones seem a bit carby for an 8 ounce serving.

kooka

I drink Swiss Miss Sensible Sweets Diet. 25 calories and 4 carbs per pack. I don't drink it everyday but it is a nice treat when I get a craving for comfort and chocolate.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.