Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JanetP

Bedtime toddy

Kit

Kit, that sounds exactly like what I go through and it is making me miserable.  Do you take both doses of Metformin at once now?  How is your timing different with the doses now?

I take 1 met when I wake up in the morning and the second one at bed time.  That evening dose does give me more consistently lower morning numbers.

The only change I made in my timing between then and now is that I used to take it with dinner instead of when going to bed.  I don't think it makes much of a difference in sleep or my numbers, but it was easier for me to build a routine with bed.  That way I don't have to remember to bring it with me if I end up going out for dinner, end up at work late, stop off with friends, etc.

While the sleep thing has improved, its still not perfect.  I will still wake up, but I'm not as awake as I was before and I can usually get back to sleep.  It may take me an hour or so, but it will usually happen.

My theory (and this is just a theory) is that my evening met made me more sensitive to my early morning liver dumps.  I'd basically get a burst of energy that my body wasn't used to having access to.

I don't know if my sleep has improved because my body is more used to it now, or if maybe its because I'm managed to minimize my liver dumps, or what.  I do know that they are more mild than they used to be.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.