Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JanetP

A LC doc

JanetP

http://www.drbuckeye.com/

I was reading this guy's blog today.  He advocates low carb for everything.

I can't say as I agree with him about "reversing" or whatever the heck he is claiming about the D but I like what he has to say about LC and indigestion/GERD because that has been my experience.  Low carb= no indigestion and no regurgitation and I used never miss my daily prilosec because I was miserable if I did.

And he suggests that you save up all your carbs for your most important meal of the day, usually supper, and eat them all at once.  Does anyone here do that?

I wonder what effect doing that would have on serotonin production and sleep.

Kit

I can't do the eat all carbs at once thing.  I will jump up higher than I like.

I have found that I usually do best making lunch my higher carb meal and dinner my higher protein meal.  Breakfast is my what the heck can I do to put the reigns on my morning liver dump meal.  I'm never sure if I'm all that successful with it.  :)

Seagal

Gosh, I don't know about the serontonin production and all my carbs, but mine are pretty evenly spread out.  Less than 6 for breakfast, approximately 12 for lunch and usually less than 12 for dinner.  I think if I had them all at one meal it would be stuffing the golden goose :)

Kit

Oh, I should add.  I have read before that the issue with GERDs isn't that there's too much stomach acid, but that there is too little and an overgrowth of bacteria because of it.  The usual antacid medications may temporarily relieve the symptoms, but usually just make the situation worse overall.  While acid is coming up the esophagus, its not because there is too much in the stomach.

predb4

http://www.drbuckeye.com/

And he suggests that you save up all your carbs for your most important meal of the day, usually supper, and eat them all at once.  Does anyone here do that?

that was the principle behind The carbohydrate addict's diet, the first low carb diet i ever tried.

you had one meal with a higher impact carb a day, and it was 1/3 carb, 1/3 protein/ 1/3 veggies perday.

the author had pcos and lost weight.  it worked for me for a while.  but there was no limit on the carbs so you just end up eating a truck load lol,

dowling gram

And he suggests that you save up all your carbs for your most important meal of the day, usually supper, and eat them all at once.

Nonsense. Honestly I don't think some people have a lick of common sense

I can't see that working for any diabetic. If the goal is to keep a stable BG then how is eating a meal that will send your BG into the stratisphere for a few hours accomplishing that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.