Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GrammaBear

Synthroid

GrammaBear

Does anyone here take the drug Synthroid?  I have been taking this for a long time and always when I pick up the prescription at the drugstore, it is dispensed in the mfg container with a dessicant capsule inside.  It states on the label from the mfg that it is supposed to be dispensed in a tight, light resistant container.  The last time I picked up my prescription at Walgreen's, it was dispensed in a regular pill bottle with no dessicant capsule in it.  Does the dessicant capsule keep the medicine from degrading?  This is the first time Walgreen's has packaged it like this.

RobinP

I take the generic version, levothyroxine and it never comes with a dessicant capsule in it. Mine is shipped through mail order Express scripts.

NoraWI

My husband gets his Synthroid from the VA and it comes in the sealed manufacturer's container with a desiccant. I get levothyroxine (generic Synthroid) and my pharmacy provides it in its own labeled container with no desiccant.

TX_Clint

Most mess are shipped from the manufacturer with a desiccant to eliminate moisture during shipment and storage. When you pickup your scripts the desiccant isn't necessary as it's assumed it will be consumed in one to three months.

GrammaBear

Thanks for the input.  I guess I could not figure out why Walgreen's didn't just leave it in the mfg bottle and put a Rx label on it like they always have done.  Oh well, I guess that is progress.  :)

moneymeister

Mine comes in an opaque bottle with desiccant, but I get 90 at a time. When I went to the local pharmacy it was held in a standard see-through brown bottle.

Vilya

I take Synthroid, and CVS just puts it in a regular orange bottle, no dessicant.

When I used to order from Express Scripts, it came in the original white bottle from the manufacturer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.