Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CandaceV

Low carb tortillas?

CandaceV

When I went LCHF, my husband cut his carbs as well and lost 50 lbs., so he continues with a lower-carb diet.

He doesn't eat bread at all.  He eats his meals on tortillas (hates lettuce leaves).  He wants to go to whole wheat or whole grain tortillas, but they're outrageously expensive and he said they taste weird.

Does anyone here have any suggestions?  He wants to get off processed flour if possible.  Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

TX_Clint

Mission carb balance tortillas is what I go with when I get the craving. Whole wheat 3g net and flour 4g, then larger ones are 6g.

dowling gram

I've been meaning to try these. Not only for the tortillas but also for the nachos but haven't gotten around to it. If you try them let me know how they turn out. You can buy all the ingredients at bulk barn

http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/01/28/Best-Keto-Paleo-Tortillas-Taco-Shells-Nachos

Halves&pieces

Not a tortilla but I use Joseph's Flax Oat Bran & Whole Wheat pita bread. Can use one loaf as a wrap, or divide and fill with whatever. Can also divide one loaf into two circles and use as a quick pizza thin crust.

9g total carbs and 4g fiber per loaf

CandaceV

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions.  I'm sure he can find something he'll like.  He wants something different too, he's been eating tortillas exclusively for over 4 years, he's really tired of them.

Seagal

I've been meaning to try these. Not only for the tortillas but also for the nachos but haven't gotten around to it. If you try them let me know how they turn out. You can buy all the ingredients at bulk barn

http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/01/28/Best-Keto-Paleo-Tortillas-Taco-Shells-Nachos

Thanks DG!  I think I've seen this before, but never made them.  The reviews are amazingly good, so they seem like a winner, especially since you can freeze them.

stevenal

Paleo Wraps. Expensive, but handy for an occasional grab and go meal. Grain free, 6g per wrap, 3 of it fiber.

Oriana

I saw these very weird wraps on amazon while looking up gluten free stuff. they are made from puree veg. someone wrote in that the texture was off. has anyone tried them? i dont remeber the name

CandaceV

I haven't tried them and my husband probably wouldn't like them if the texture isn't right.

I saw these very weird wraps on amazon while looking up gluten free stuff. they are made from puree veg. someone wrote in that the texture was off. has anyone tried them? i dont remeber the name

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.