Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JanetP

4 ingredient chicken bake

JanetP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h57ZcP0YDPA

chicken breasts, boneless

salt and pepper

top with a couple of tablespoons of ranch dressing per breast

2 slices bacon on top of each breast, tucked under edges

top with cheddar cheese

bake at 400 for 40 minutes.  I think I would cover it for most of the time, though the video and directions don't mention it.  and maybe grease the pan a little.

Can't get out to the grocery store due to the weather or I would try this today.  Let me know how it works for you.

Seagal

Looks good, don't have ranch dressing, but can make some pretty quick with my homemade ranch seasoning.  Will take the chicken & bacon out of the freezer and try.

Thanks Janet.

Kit

*whine* I'm hungry.

I'd likely use a chicken thigh.  Mostly because now I'm lchf, I no longer have to eat a stupid tasteless boneless skinless chicken breast.  :D

sillygirl

I like the idea of cooking on the stove top with chicken thighs skin on. Id put the bacon on the non skin side. I might also weight it down so i get crispy bacon and skin!!!! Oh i might also put the cheese under the skin, or not i like the cheese to be crispy sometimes too!

Kit

Put the ranch under the skin.  Then brown it nice and well skin side down.  Then flip it over, over with the bacon and cheese on top (or put bacon on bottom) and pop in oven the chicken is done.  A little more effort, but you get the crispy skin that way.  :)

adiantum

Seagal, can you post your recipe for ranch dressing seasoning please. 

Ive not seen  ranch dressing in our stores.

I rarely eat chicken because it offends my dogs. They have chicken thigh fillets or breast every day .

When they see me prepare it to cook they assume its going to be for them. Then I feel guilty for eating the dogs food.

notme

Basic Ranch Dressing

1 cup well-shaken buttermilk

1/4 cup mayonnaise

3 tablespoons sour cream

3 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley

2 tablespoons finely chopped chives

1/2 teaspoon dill weed

1/4 teaspoon onion powder

4 teaspoons white wine vinegar or lemon juice. I use lemon juice

1/2 medium garlic clove, finely chopped

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed

1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed

Refrigerate and let sit for at least 30 minutes. Garlic will get stronger as it sits so you may want to cut back if you are not a garlic fan (like me).

comedy

*whine* I'm hungry.

I'd likely use a chicken thigh.  Mostly because now I'm lchf, I no longer have to eat a stupid tasteless boneless skinless chicken breast.  :D

That's exactly what I was thinking!

notme

I couldn't agree more. I make our local store order me boneless skin on chicken breasts. Who ever decided they should only sell skinless chicken. It is dry and tasteless.

Seagal

I mix up all the dry ingredients and when needed, mix it with sour cream or whatever.

But this one is a goodun :) (Comments are from Maria)

From Maria’s Kitchen .  This is so good, I can eat it by itself using a spoon!! Hmmm.... hmmm, I won't make it any other way again. Even the thickness was delightful. 
Yield: 21/3 cups (575 mL)
1 tbsp (15 mL) per serving
51.2 calories
0.4 g protein
5.3 g fat
0.5 g carbs

3/4 cup buttermilk (175 mL) 
1 cup mayonaise
1/2 cup sour cream (125 mL) 
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (15 mL) 
2 tsp dried parsley (10 mL) 
1/4 tsp garlic powder (1 mL) 
1/4 tsp salt (1 mL) 
1/4 tsp black pepper (1 mL) 
In medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper.

Helpful Hint: Make your own buttermilk - place 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice or white vinegar in measuring cup and fill with low-carb milk or cream or half-and-half, etc. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.