Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kit

One Touch Verio IQ and ReliOn prime Comparison Part 2

Kit

So, this is kind of a continuation of this post here:

http://www.diabetesforums.com/forum/topic/75095-one-touch-verio-iq-and-relion-prime-comparison/?hl=%2Brelion+%2Bprime+%2Btouch+%2Bverio

but its been archived so I'm making a new post.

I've been using the ReliOn Prime as my primary meter for over a year now.  Back when I first got it, I did a comparison between it and my other meter (One Touch Verio IQ) to see what kind of differences I could expect.  Results of that comparison are in my previous thread linked above.

Well, around the start of the year, my poor little ReliOn Prime meter got stepped on in the middle of the night which broke that LCD screen and made it pretty well useless.  When the new one came, I decided to do a new comparison to see if the new meter behaved similar to the previous one.  Since the one meter was dead and gone, I did the comparison with the One Touch again.  In all cases I used the same drop of blood for both meters.  If for some reason I had to retake a reading on one meter (fill error), I retook the readings on both of them with a new drop of blood.

I'm not going to bother posting all of the raw data again.  If anyone requests it of me though, I will do so.

So, total of 60 comparisons.

31 of those readings the ReliOn were higher.

22 of those readings, the OneTouch was higher.

7 of those readings were the same.

Largest variance was 9 points

Smallest variance was 0 points.

Average variance was 3.2

Median:  3.5

Mode:  4

Conclusion:  While there was 1 variance of 9, a couple 8s and a few 7s, most were down at the low end.  Overall, variance is too small to worry about.  I will continue to use my new ReliOn Prime as my primary meter.

Seagal

I have my old one touch ultra 2 and have compared the Verio which I now have to use.  They rarely match and since my insurance is going with the verio, I will resign myself to it.  However, I still have over 400 strips for the Ultra and hate to see them go to waste :rolleyes:

Esox

I have my old one touch ultra 2 and have compared the Verio which I now have to use.  They rarely match and since my insurance is going with the verio, I will resign myself to it.  However, I still have over 400 strips for the Ultra and hate to see them go to waste :rolleyes:

The Verio and the Ultra 2 use different strips?

I have an Ultra 2 and a ReliOn Prime, and now a CVS meter, too.  The Prime and Ultra often have wildly different readings.  Sometimes up to 30 points with the Ultra being considerably lower.  I have not been able to check them against blood work.  The CVS I just added is within several points of the ReliOn consistently.  I sure would like to be able to trust the Ultra 2, but it's now two to one against.  I was thinking of contacting One Touch to see if they would send me a Verio because I thought they used the same strips.  I have over 200 Ultra strips left.

Seagal

Yes, the verioIQ uses different strips and they had just replenished my ultra 2 strips before the insurance changed my meter.

I heard they were stopping the production of the ultra 2 and strips, don't know how true that is.

Esox

Well, shoot, I picked the wrong meter when i was diagnosed.  I might as well start using those up, and then make a switch when my insurance will cover another 300 in a month or two.

Kevin

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.