Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

meyery2k

Found some new things in the store...

jwags

I have been on 2550 mg of metformin for 9+ years. Metformin makes you more sensitive to your own insulin. It also suppresses your appetite a little. I was in the upper end of normal weight and lost 35 pounds which is about 25% of my body weight. Even at 111 pounds I still need the metformin and a LC diet. My last HbA1 c was 6.6. I am hoping for below 6 next month. I probably will never go off metformin.

sbwertz

i envy those who can eat peanut butter, it spikes me, and i have tried all the diff brands.

the tortillas, i would probably eat too much, but i used to make tortilla chips on the stove top, just enough for the appropriate portion size.  Iheat up a cast iron skillet with no oil in it and put the tortiall there,  wait untill it starts browning and flip to the other side,  leave a couple of minutes, the i turn off the fire and leave the tortilla there.  As the pan cools, the tortilla gets crisp, you break it up and you have chips.

as for the chocolate, search for sugar free chocolate truffles on the internet, there are many recipes around.

Here is an alternative.  Run a cup of pecans in the blender with a half tsp salt, a tablespoon of Torani or Davinci caramel syrup, and a tablespoon of oil (I use avocado oil).  Makes pecan butter, and is less than half the carbs of peanut butter.  It is more like "crunchy"  peanut butter, but tastes great!  There are only 4 carbs in a cup of pecans. 

If it is too stiff, add a tiny bit more oil.  Pecans don't have as much oil as peanuts.

sbwertz

You can run  a tortilla in the blender to make bread crumbs for toppings, to put in meatloaf, for breading, anything you would use regular bread crumbs for but with almost no carbs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.