Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

meyery2k

Quick LC and low cal lunch

meyery2k

A day I knew would come arrived today.  I am slammed with work and need to make lunch "quick".  So in my pre ClubD! days, I would slap together a sandwich with a side of chips and a coke and be done with it.  Now, no bread...

So I realized that a sandwich is basically a salad you hold in 2 pieces of bread so I made a salami sandwich with all the fixins into a salad and even ran some Italian dressing on it.

Writing this, it hardly seems inspiring but wait, there's more...

I miss croutons on my salad and I suppose a few wouldn't hurt but I don't have any to test with one way or the other.  I do, however, have a bag of pork rinds and my mind stopped on this and reminded me that pork rinds are crunchy like croutons and they taste good with a sandwich so they might work as croutons.

Lo and behold, they did work!  Next time, thought I need to leave them whole (I crushed the bigger ones which diminshed the experience a little).

So I had a salami, cheese, kale, tomato, onion, cucumber, pepper sandwich sans bread in a bowl.  Lunch was 400 calories and 13.5 total carbs (I didn't sit down and figure the net carbs yet).  I know from past experience this will easily tide me over until dinner.

So take that diabetes!

Seagal

I always like a few pork rinds on my green salads.   I stay away from the barbecue ones since the ones I've seen have sugar.

They also make a terrific "breading" for fish, chicken or whatever one would bread (just crush finely).

You are coming along nicely there Meyery ;)

Kit

I often to an inside out sandwich roll in warm weather.

On a large, thin slice of lunch meat I spread a thin layer of cream cheese (flavor up to you).  Then add roasted ed pepper, mixed spring greens, cucumber sticks, or whatever else looks good and I have on hand.  Then rolls them up and dip in a bit of spicy brown mustard.  Sometimes I might also add a little bit of swiss, cheddar, or provolone cheese to each roll depending on how I feel at the moment.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.