Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sbwertz

Low carb cookbook free on Amazon tomorrow thru Sunday

sbwertz

If anyone is interested, I have a little ebook of low carb recipes, specifically aimed at blood sugar control.  It will be offered free on Amazon on March 3-6.

http://www.amazon.com/Thats-Low-Carb-ebook/dp/B00APA47M2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1355772023&sr=8-4&keywords=that%27s+low+carb

There is a long introduction that explains about the special ingredients, where to get them, and how to use them to convert your own favorite high carb recipes to low carb. (I use Netrition.com, because their shipping is so cheap, but you can find many of the ingredients in other online stores, as well.  Many of the ingredients, except for the baked goods, are available in your local supermarkets)

I have been cooking low carb for my diabetic husband for more than 20 years now, and I have developed low carb versions of yeast breads, pastas, desserts, and more that you never thought you could have on a low carb diet.  The breads and pastas are 2g carbs per serving.  Hope you find them useful

Sharon Wertz

sbwertz

It's only free if you have kindle. The book is $7.99

Download the free kindle app on your pc or smartphone, then you can read it.  It is also not copy protected, so you can download it and convert it using the free conversion program Calibre.exe into epub, doc, rtf, etc.

If you convert it to a .doc file you can print it out with Word.  Feel free to share it with your friends.  I'm not trying to get rich with this book, I just want to get the recipes out there to people who need them.  Amazon won't let me just give it away free, but they let me put it up for free for a few days every 3 months. I had to set the price at the minimum price of $2.99 so that it was eligible for the free lending library and kindle unlimited, and then I  give it away as often as they allow.  Otherwise I would have priced it at the lowest Amazon allows, which is 99 cents.

sbwertz

Thanks Sharon for sharing!  I'm sure this offer will be very helpful to a lot of folks :)

You are very welcome.  Over the past two years I have given away more than 12,000 copies!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.