Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rhonda3719

Accidentally took two Metformin

rhonda3719

I have a question. I normally take 1000 mg of Metformin with breakfast and 1000 mg of Metformin with dinner. I woke up and took my first dose with breakfast and then when I had lunch, I meant to take my vitamin but I accidentally took my second Metformin pill. Is this something I should be concerned with since they were only about 3 hours apart? I really don't wanna call my doctor on a Sunday for something so silly but is there something I should watch for? Also, I'm on regular Metformin, not the extended release.

Moonpie

I don't think it is an issue, but check your sugars if you are concerned, I take 2-500 every day & I take them at the same time ( nighttime) Dr said twice a day, but I prefer to take them both at night to fight the FBG.

adiantum

I'd make sure the pathway to the toilet is clear of obstacles, and that theres extra toilet tissue close by .

davef

Been there, done that. There really isn't anything to be concerned about, as Adiantum & TX_Clint mentioned you might need access to toilet in a hurry. Avoiding carbs & greasy foods as much as possible for the rest of the day would probably help. The chances of going low are fairly remote, just test regularly and try not to worry.

BigMouithXXX

Metformin does not lower your sugar directly.  Instead it improves your sugar control.  It fixes what is broken.  Extra metformin doesn't lower your BGs but it may give you more GI stress. You are not taking enough to be worried about your kidneys.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.