Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ela

Those meters....

Ela

So I just tested myself: 47, OK, it's probably a mistake, so I retest with a new strip and SAME BLOOD - 71!  OK, fine, I wasn't worried the first time around, but WTH?  Those "lows" are just ridiculous!

jwags

I have gotten reading of 26 which I know are a mistake, I rewash my hands and retest and get 101 The other days I was putting some hair products on my new short haircut to style it. I thought I washed my hands really well and tested and got a 225. I knew all I had for breakfast was an 8 carb yogurt, so I knew it was wrong. So I washed my hands again and tested and was 110. What I hate about these errors is wasting strips.

Uff Da

I often have a hard time getting enough blood to test. When the test strip has inadequate blood, usually my ReliOn Confirm meter will just give an error message. But if there is almost enough blood, it simply reads low. I've learned a couple of tricks to avoid wasting so many strips. (1) Especially first thing in the morning, my difficulty getting enough blood is probably because I'm dehydrated. So I don't even bother trying to test until I've had a mug or two of tea. (2) My hands get cold easily, which makes getting enough blood difficult. So I usually let very warm water run over my hands for a while to warm them up before testing, rather than just doing a quick hand washing. Even these steps don't always work, but at least I have fewer wasted strips than I did at first.

funkynassau

When the battery in my meter is getting low, it gives low numbers!  Happens every time.  Last nite before bed it was 4.6 which I knew was pretty much impossible, so I put it on charge for the nite.

kayell

In addition to the tricks Uff Da uses, swinging your testing hand arm back and forth before testing helps get a good blood drop. It's the centrifugal force.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.