Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

meyery2k

My sons' birthday breakfast...

meyery2k

Today was Tim's 33rd birthday and I took him out to buffet breakfast since I would be able to have a say on what went on the plate.

Today was a "diet free" day and, to a sensible point, it was also a "diabetes be "****ed" day too.  I was happy with myself in that I had a sampling of all the bacon and sausages, probably about 2 eggs scrambled with cheese, and 1 eggs benedict which had an English muffin.  I am finally getting to where I am not worrying over every little thing and will eat to my meter.

This sent my calorie count out the window of course lol.. Still only 15.7 net carbs though.  I can do vegetable medley for lunch and dinner.  Fasting BG was 92 which I just used as a pre meal reference.  1 hour was 107, 2 hour was down to 100 already.

I also noticed Tim is now doing LC.  Funny enough he also had the eggs benedict, lol...

It was good.  1 slice English muffin, ham, and a poached egg topped with hollandaise is always a winner.

It is nice to see that I can still eat at restaurants and parties and have a little extra once in a while.

So while it was Tim's birthday, I feel like I am the one that got the presents today lol...

predb4

the occasional event will not hurt your a1c.

i plan mine ahead and around public holidays to keep the numbers down, for birthdays, i cancel one of the upcoming public holidays.

meyery2k

the occasional event will not hurt your a1c.

i plan mine ahead and around public holidays to keep the numbers down, for birthdays, i cancel one of the upcoming public holidays.

Thanks for the encouragement.  My BG was down to 85 3 hours after so (1) English Muffin didn't have much of a result.

This is sure a confusing ailment.  A lot of things about it don't make sense.

I thought the poi yesterday would have a large result and my body was like, meh, I just do what I do...

I know it is a weird thing to complain about but, as a technician, I like to understand how/why things are broken.  I guess a living being is too complex for that sometimes.

Maybe like samurai guy says, you can get a few free shots if you are mostly LC but you can't do that for the long haul...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.