Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stl-T2

Improvised fat bomb

Stl-T2

Tried to make a quicky fat bomb at the cafeteria at work this morning.

1 oz tub of cream cheese

1 pat of butter

a few slices of strawberry (maybe half a berry total)

a few small pieces of honeydew mellon

Attempt to mix with a plastic fork.

It was the chunks of honeydew mellon that caused the problems. You can stab them with a plastic fork, but not mash them. Stick to strawberries or blueberries and I think this would work pretty well.

Seagal

did it work well with your b.g. ?  Never thought of using cream cheese in a fat bomb, pretty creative :)

Stl-T2

I've experimented with other fruits available in the cafeteria and have come to the conclusion that raspberries work the best as long as you don't mind the seeds. Four raspberries is plenty.

Stl-T2

Changed up the recipe a bit.  I'm calling it a Double Cream Cheese Raspberry Fat Bomb

2 tubs of cream cheese

6 raspberries

1 pat of butter

1 pkt sweetener

tiny pinch of salt

I don't think the sweetener is entirely necessary, but it does make it taste even more decadent.  We are up to 242 calories with this version if my calculations are correct.  

double cream cheese raspberry fat bomb  
% carb cal     %prot cal      % fat cal      total calories
7.07%             5.82%          87.11%          242.00

carbs (g)       prot (g)         fat (g)
4.28              3.52             23.42

I recently bought a bunch of those little plastic tubs that some restaurants serve condiments in.  I'm thinking I might just scale this up, make it at home, and apportion it into those little tubs. The charm of mixing it up in the cafeteria with a plastic fork is going to wear off quickly.

Stl-T2

Playing around with those little one ounce portions of cream cheese again.  I tend to not like them straight up, but almost any added flavor seems to work.  I've added walnuts, sugar-free apple cider mix, and half a packet of splenda.  They each work ok.  Apple cider mix plus splenda is too sweet.  Walnuts plus cider mix (just a pinch) works ok, but plain walnuts plus cream cheese is more to my taste.

Something I'd like to try in a food processor at home sometime:  8 oz cream cheese, ~5 oz soaked walnuts, and one medjool date and maybe a little cardamom

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.