Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stl-T2

Food Truck Find

Stl-T2

St. Louis has a lively food truck scene and I'm fortunate to work at a place they frequent.  Saw a new one today and decided to give it a try -- Frankly: Artisian Sausages.  Served on a roll, of course, but they were willing to trade that out for a bed of greens.  I've forgotten the name of the one I ordered, but it was a yummy pork sausage served with avocado, queso fresco, the greens, and a wedge of lime.  Delish!  Not sure it would have occurred to me to serve queso fresco and avocado with sausage, but it works.  I don't think this sausage was as insanely salty as the typical ones are.  Next time I'll try to remember to take a picture.  I hope this truck becomes a regular!

Peggy_TX

Love this topic.

We had a rotating set of food trucks at my office, and there a BUNCH of them that make extra efforts to find me lower-carb (and non-mammal) options

Lots of the vendors swap out rice for extra veg, and skip buns in favor of lettuce or salad or something similar

I even have one sandwich vendor who makes amazing salads for me, with little tiny rolled-up turkey/cream cheese bits + avacado chunks + blue cheese!

I've found most of them enjoy the challenge -- and some have even added lo-carb options to their "official" menu

I <3 food trucks!!!

TX_Clint

Here in downtown Dallas we have Klyde Warren Park, One side of the park is designed for food trucks and Woodall Rogers Freeway runs under it.

o.jpg

The actual food trucks available change every day. An example of what's available as an example follows:

Nammi
Ruthie's
Coolhaus
Butcher’s Son
Crazy Fish
Greek Lover
Gandolfo's
Cousins Maine Lobster
Yummy Pizza

Stl-T2

They recently added dedicated food truck parking here, complete with electric service (so they don't have to run their generators) and picnic tables for the patrons.  It's pretty nice, but only provides five spots.  I heard they are requiring the trucks to jump some hoops in order to park there. Not sure exactly what is involved.  From my perspective, the best part is... my perspective! (Meaning I can look out my office window and see all the trucks.)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.