Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dheer

need help!!

dheer

Hi,my name is dheer Arora, I'm 17 years old newly diagnosed type 1 diabetic patient,from India......I started on the insulin pen which often gives me extreme highs and lows...... Now my doctor prescribed me for the pump ....... It was not available at my place so my friend sent it to me...... And my doctor also prescribed me a cgm because I'm having hypoglycemic unawareness ...... Its also not available at my place but now my friend also cant send it to me if anyone is willing to help me please comment..... Or add me on Facebook as I'm good at checking it..... www.facebook.com/dheer.arora.357

chadha

Hey Dheer.

I would love to help youqith this. Before I proceed, I want to know few things..

1) When exactly you were diagnosed.

2) which insulins n how many times do you take.

3) which insulin pump your friend sent n from.

4) CGMS I can get you, I may give you the no. Of someone who will come hmself from Medtronics.

But bro, believe me pump and CGMS aren't everythng. They arent magical, I made such assumption a couple of yeas back. I would love to talk with you n know more,,,, so throw in your details n problems in detail. I'll try to help as much as possible.

And btw Welcome abroad. Here people are very nice n helping.

Rbubbaray

Welcome to the friendliest most informative diabetes forum ...dheer.

This a bit over my head , but seems chadha has a grasp of this for you , Just wanted to say hello ...

Ray

meyery2k

Arora - You will find plenty of good advice here.  You will find that you can live with diabetes and thrive in spite of it.  Any kind of support whether it is answering questions, sharing ideas, dealing with the emotions, it is all handled very well here by people that have been where you are now. 

I hope you will stay with us and become part of the forums.

When you have a handle on how to manage your blood glucose, I would invite you to share your daily readings in the appropriate forum.  I find this helps me to manage this and shows me that others manage as well. ~ Mike

dheer

Hey chadha I was diagnosed 2 months from now...... I'm using pen wid humalog mix 25/75 which is a long acting insulin..... My frnd sent me animas one touch ping from America

chadha

Hey Dheer.

As you must be knowing already all the docs here aren't well equipped with the latest approaches and trends to deal with sugar. Most of Type 1s here and around the world use the Multiple Daily Injections approach rather than using Mix insulins for the better control. MIxtard is old school and usually given by docs who are not well updated. MDI usually involves two insulins, Basal or long acting (names Lantus and Levemir) and Bolus or rapid acting (names Humalog Lispro, Novarapid or Apridra) before every meal or snack or when sugar's high.  I have a friend in Lucknow, who was also not getting good treatment there and came to Delhi for the treatment and many do. I don't want to be judgemental but either you may ask your doc to change your insulin regime to MDI or find yourself a new doc because I know how things are there...

Now coming to pump- First of all for any diabetic diabetes education is must without you will never know what is happening to you and why, and how and when to seek help. Before I came here I didn't have any education but these folks helped me a lot and I today have a decent amount of diabetes education which made me capable of taking decisions independently and know what, when n how to do, but still every now n then I need help, we all need help.

That's good your friend sent you a pump from the US, but bro having one pump is one thing, but using it is another. To use pump you would require pump's supplies such as infusion sets, reservoirs and catheters every month whose expenditure could be ₹5500-7000/month. As far as I know, Animas doesn't operate in India. so that pump you won't be able to use unless you have the supplies with you.

There's too much talk and learn. I don't know what to tell you n from where to start. The best things I can tell you are-

-Change your insulins. Talk to your doc or find a new one.

-Buy this book called, Think Like a Pancreas. You'll get diabetes education.

-And anytime you need help ask us. We'll be happy to help you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.